Movies to look forward to this year

Started by diasdegalvan, January 04, 2012, 11:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diasdegalvan

Those two are the movies I'm most hyped for apart from them not sure what else is coming out that looks great.

The Shocker

Prometheus,  Prometheus, Prometheus! 

CanookieWookie

New Batman. Avengers for sure.  There are a few others, but they have slipped my mind right now.

lftwng4

That movie "Goon"?   Looks like a "Slapshot" inspired, but could still be good.

Hey, WillB, is that PK Suban?   He got into a fight the other day during practice with a teammate?

CanookieWookie

No sir.  That would be Georges Laraque.  (although PK is good in my books) :)

mortlock

ez

Quote from: lftwng4 on January 05, 2012, 12:27:22 PM

Speaking of that, "The Goon" is set to be released this year AFAIK.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

whoshotthefrog

Quote from: lftwng4 on January 05, 2012, 12:27:22 PM

Hey, WillB, is that PK Suban?   He got into a fight the other day during practice with a teammate?

Subban got into a fight with Plekanec in practice.
If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

The Shocker

RAGER

All three of those look terrible willb.  Even the fishing one and I'm a fisherman.
No Focus Pocus

CanookieWookie

I'll watch them.  Bad Ass = Machete (sp?)     ATM = phonebooth/i know what you did last summer   

Salmon Fishing = something interesting to me, idea wise

I know what they are, but I'll watch them anyways.  To me these represent exactly what I'll get from watching the Avengers and Batman aswell.  Just an hour or so of some entertainment, and time to get my mind off of things that would otherwise be occupying it.

diasdegalvan

Limited US release that started Dec 30. hopefully my local indie theater picks it up. Probably doesn't count as a 2012 film but whatever.

youngjohn12

New Superman. Avengers for sure.  There are a few others, but they have lowered my thoughts right now. 

OUTLANDAH

Comic book movies can be entertaining, but they are just recycled stories. So far I haven't seen much that's coming out that will actually blow me away. Prometheus will be solid, other than that fuck the rest of these picks.

They need to remake Dune with 1970's equipment and I'll be happy.

Mr Neutron

"Where words fail, music speaks."

Instant Dan

The only ones I am excited about is Prometheus, The Dark Knight Rises, and World War Z.

Mr Neutron

world war z will suck. they've completely abandoned the story as presented in the book.

Crutch

Quote from: diasdegalvan on January 07, 2012, 01:58:52 AM

Limited US release that started Dec 30. hopefully my local indie theater picks it up. Probably doesn't count as a 2012 film but whatever.

It probably shouldn't count but I desperately want to see this.
I will show you the life of the mind.

sleestak

Quote from: willb on January 05, 2012, 03:50:26 PM
No sir.  That would be Georges Laraque.  (although PK is good in my books) :)

Who the fuck would fight Georges Laraque?  I don't think the guy has ever lost!
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

Mr Neutron

i bet john scott wouldve given him a go.

The Shocker

Doesn't Hunger Games come out next month?  I want to see it - the books were really good.

astroman

Upstream Color, the new film from Shane Carruth, the badass who made Primer. No clue what it is about, but I have faith. Much more interested in his film after that, A Topiary. Read the script and it is some crazy shit. No idea how they are going to make that one. Will be legendary if it actually gets made.

The Shocker