Man Of Steel

Started by CanookieWookie, August 09, 2012, 10:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanookieWookie

Anyone excited over this?  I am super stoked to see it.  Although the trailer doesn't show much, it has me hooked already. (the comic con trailer shows more, but is quite blurry in parts)

comic con version

teaser trailer

gritty_fingers

I do want to see it but to me - George Reeves was the ultimate Superman. I always thought Superman should have a strong jawline, some bulk and a certain toughness like in the early 40's comics. The Christopher Reeve version of Superman was a little too soft spoken  and skinny for my tastes. I don't know about this new guy Henry Cavill. I am willing to give him a chance though.
"Ginger People"

mortlock

ill see it but im not much of a superman fan going in admittedly..superman is a fag..

sleestak

Quote from: mortlock on August 10, 2012, 12:48:26 AM
ill see it but im not much of a superman fan going in admittedly..superman is a fag..

LOL
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

CanookieWookie

Quote from: mortlock on August 10, 2012, 12:48:26 AM

You should be slapped for saying this.

Lumpy

The Superman concept is outdated (didn't he originate in the 40s?) Marvel stuff is a little more up to date (60s origins) and easier to relate to.

Okay, so let me get this straight... because he's from another planet, that means he can fly through the air, bullets bounce off him, he can pick up entire buildings, it just doesn't make a damn bit of sense. At least with Spider-Man you can stretch your imagination a little (or a lot) and sort of pretend it's plausible. Superman, not so much.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

CanookieWookie

Riiiiiiight. 

So someone from another planet having incredible strength is hard to believe? Yet a guy bit by an radioactive spider gaining powers is not?

Jor el

Are You People really fighting aboot superheroes?
What Would Scooby Do ?

Lumpy

Quote from: CanookieWookie on August 14, 2012, 09:34:10 AM
Riiiiiiight. 

So someone from another planet having incredible strength is hard to believe? Yet a guy bit by an radioactive spider gaining powers is not?

Not just incredible strength, he can pick up entire buildings and throw them into orbit. Huh?

At least with Spider-Man there they give you some vague mumbo jumbo where you can credit his powers on "science" (even bogus science is more believable than basically nothing.) And he never picks up an entire building.

Plus Superman's costume is outdated and makes no sense. You're Superman, you can wear whatever you want, and that's what you pick? It's definitely feeling outdated now, in my opinion.

CanookieWookie

Wow. I swear I think you just write some of these things just so you can disagree with me.   :o

Supermans costume is fine, hardly outdated. As for his strength, have you never watched a movie or read a comic book about him? 

Lumpy

I don't want to upset Jor el.

I,Galactus

Quote from: Lumpy on August 14, 2012, 03:32:52 PM
Plus Superman's costume is outdated and makes no sense. You're Superman, you can wear whatever you want, and that's what you pick? It's definitely feeling outdated now, in my opinion.

Dude... harsh. 

Supes' dead mom swaddled him in that business and she's dead.

Then his adorable step-mom fashioned it into a snazzy looking outfit for him.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

Lumpy

Quote from: I,Galactus on August 14, 2012, 04:42:25 PM
Quote from: Lumpy on August 14, 2012, 03:32:52 PM

Dude... harsh. 

Supes' dead mom swaddled him in that business and she's dead.

Then his adorable step-mom fashioned it into a snazzy looking outfit for him.

I know, but she did that way back the '40s. Even Batman's duds have been updated. What are they going to do to update Superman? Give him some space-age spandex? He's screwed.

Jor el

All superheroes is fags.
What Would Scooby Do ?

boltthrow

MadJohnShaft

Star Trek trailers looks great too- as long as its 3D enough and loud enough it works.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

juggernaut

Wife wanted to go see it this weekend so I went.  It sucked.  Save your money.

CanookieWookie

I have to disagree.  I thought it was excellent.  Easily the best Superman movie made. 

natehusky

Yeah it's the best superman ever made but thats not saying much. I think this movie was made just to set up  the justice league movie. Some stuff was cool but the story was kind of nonexistent . I'm not a fan of superman . Too much of a Boy Scout. I saw it for free at a place that serves beer .

retardgroove

The movie sucked, but I read afterwards that the satellite had a Wayne Enterprises logo on it (Justice League).

CanookieWookie

Fools.  The movie was golden.  Much better than any of the crud that is called Marvel (exception maybe being the first Iron Man), and just as good as any of the Dark Knight movies.

lftwng4

I haven't seen the movie, and I'm not a big fan of Superman anyways(kinda boring as a character), but I think DC got it right in the 90's with their animated series, both Batman and Superman.  The writing was sharp, the characters were accurate, and the look was spot on, especially Batman.  Justice League was solid, and Justice League Unlimited was great. None of the Batman movies, IMO, were as interesting as the animated series or captured the mood of the comics.  No reason to think, from the previews I've seen, it would be any different with the new Supes.  Pretty sure these movies aren't being marketed to the comic geeks though.

juggernaut

Quote from: CanookieWookie on June 20, 2013, 09:25:16 PM
and just as good as any of the Dark Knight movies.

Now you're just talking straight nonsense.