The Americans on FX

Started by MadJohnShaft, March 01, 2013, 08:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadJohnShaft

The FX shows are ham handed and this is no exception, but as a Homeland/Breaking Bad/24 rip off it's actually quite good

We warmed up to it, you will need to over look a few sad bits but the acting is great.

http://vod.fxnetworks.com/watch/theamericans
Some days chickens, some days feathers

The Shocker

Good show & Felicity has matured quite nicely.

ez

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

MadJohnShaft

Ep 5 is tomorrow right? I can't figure out what night it is really on....

retardgroove

I used to think only old people watched stupid TV dramas and now I follow two of them. Fuck.

MadJohnShaft

Ep 6 last night (where they were detained without giving anything away) was the best episode yet. This show is onto something. I'm going to start watching this with great anticipation.

(The part with the kids wasn't done very well but they gave it a shot).

MadJohnShaft

Yes!  Last two were very good, I love this show.

The Bandit

jmucke

Like it. But one questions about episode 9:

Spoiler

Did they were seriously planning to bring the bald guy to the hospital after he's seen them several times disguised only by wigs?

ez

I don't think they ever intended to take him to a hospital, it was more of a 'oh shit what do we do now, we killed another federal agent' panicky type of thinking going on.

Besides, the guy didn't recognize Jennings from the party before being stabbed and hopped up on morphine so why would he do so later. he only recognized Mrs. Jennings because he's a horndog and even then couldn't place her.

He would however eventually have pieced together that Hanson was a KGB asset.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

MadJohnShaft

I wonder how many gang leaders/drug kingpins turned traitor on America for the communists in the 80s?  Gregory sure took a big chance there....

MadJohnShaft

I knew Nina was going to do that..... just not exactly that way.  Not a spoiler.

This show is so well written, between this and the plotting on Orphan Black there are some smart people working in scripted TV again.

!

This show is like a cross between Homeland, Breaking Bad (and Orphan Black with all the disguises).

RAGER

I'm trying to get into this show but suddenly the first episodes are nowhere to be found dammit.
No Focus Pocus

The Bandit

Martha, fuckable or not? 

ez

MadJohnShaft

Season finale on Wednesday - I love this show.

Now go catch up on Orphan Black so I have people to talk to about that show next...

RAGER

I'm terrible at this.  It means I have to do something with regularity besides pooping.
No Focus Pocus

MadJohnShaft

Awesome season finale. Yes!

I wonder if this show makes Breaking Bad and Homeland kick it up a notch when they both return. 

MadJohnShaft

Yes! Season two comes back tonight.  You can watch Season One on Amazon Prime.

The Bandit

MadJohnShaft

Oh hells yeah that S2E1 was good.  This show is not messing around.   

The Bandit

Caught 69ing.  That was funny.

MadJohnShaft

These first two season Two episodes have been perfect. Great.

RAGER

Who else thinks that maybe Elizabeth is the love child of Claudia and Zhukov?
No Focus Pocus

MadJohnShaft

I suppose - that new guy with the family connection back in the USSR is going to mess everything up for our anti-heroes.

S2 Ep 4  was one I needed to watch twice to figure out what they were up to exactly.