Homecoming

Started by sleestak, November 16, 2018, 10:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleestak

Anyone catch this?  Only 3 episodes in but very interestingly shot and good performances from Julia Roberts and Franklin Shea Whigham Jr. (Eli from Boardwalk Empire among tons of other things.)

Done by Sam Esmail of Mr. Robot fame.  Ten 26 minute episodes which I felt would be too short but work out just right for the pacing. 

Apparently from the credits it's based off of podcast but I don't want to read any more about it for fear of spoilers.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

Josh

I liked it. I think Sam Esmail is great. Carrasco is a great character. I was initially confused about why each episode ended with the last shot continuing on with nothing happening. I kept thinking I must be missing something important,  but according to an interview I read, Esmail did it basically just to fuck with people and to throw a wrench in the binge watch routine.

I haven't bothered to listen to the podcast it was adapted from either. I'm curious where it will go from here, since there aren't really any loose ends to tie up, the whole thing is pretty contained. Wait and see, I guess.

Token

Excellent series. Hitchcock is dancing for joy seeing this show has his influence everywhere.

mortlock

i went in thinking spiderman.