Fu Manchu - Gigantoid

Started by CanookieWookie, April 29, 2014, 11:49:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanookieWookie

Surf music for space travel.  Best album since Action Is Go.

deleted account

what's King Of The Road, chopped liver?

CanookieWookie

I like King of the Road, but I have to say, this one is better.

Jor el

They're coming to Hamtramck.
An actual Detroit show.
What Would Scooby Do ?

MichaelZodiac

I'm digging this album heavily. Also, the album cover is really cool :o
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

deleted account

CanookieWookie

deleted account

well, we shall fuckin' see.  I'm going to the show tomorrow, and based on the last 3 times I seen 'em I'd be surprised if they out-performed the opener, Disastroid

CanookieWookie

Quote from: priest on April 29, 2014, 08:30:25 PM
well, we shall fuckin' see.  I'm going to the show tomorrow, and based on the last 3 times I seen 'em I'd be surprised if they out-performed the opener, Disastroid

I can't do anything about their live show brother, but I can tell you, if they play new shit, you'll like it. 

Jor el

Last time I saw them was 2004 with Electric Magma & Clutch @ The Opera Hoose

Damn. Time flies.
What Would Scooby Do ?

deleted account

I've been thoroughly unimpressed with both live and recorded output since Bjork left

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

CanookieWookie

You son of a bitch.  You should have called me.

Jor el

in 2004 ?

Must've seen a Leaf game too.
What Would Scooby Do ?

CanookieWookie

O.k.  I was only a lurker back then on sr.com, so you get a pass for this.  But next time....

black

Last time I saw them was a couple years ago in Denver. Honky opened and they were both on fire that night.

It also appeared that most of the locals had medical conditions that were handled by copious amounts of medical marijuana.
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

CanookieWookie

I was smoking weed and hash at a GNR concert in 91, I think.  I stood in front of a speaker once because I was so stoned, but I don't think Fu Manchu was playing - however, this new album is fucking righteous.

Metal and Beer

I also saw 'em in 2004, with High On Fire, Clutch and The Joint Chiefs in Memphis. I was skeptical since Brant was long gone--and they did start off sluggishly-- but man by their set's end I was completely won over.

/33% on topic
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Ryno

I just saw them a few months ago.  They smoked.  See the live review forum for a live review.
If a bear shits in the woods, should I have a cocktail?

The Bandit

Quote from: priest on April 29, 2014, 08:58:58 PM
I've been thoroughly unimpressed with both live and recorded output since Bjork left

Unfortunately, I agree.

deleted account

they're right about to go on in Frisco

Dylan Thomas

Quote from: The Bandit on April 30, 2014, 09:11:04 PM
Quote from: priest on April 29, 2014, 08:58:58 PM

Unfortunately, I agree.

The other Scott Reeder's drumming impresses me more on this new one than Brant Bjork ever did.

Gigantoid is damned good.
The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

whoshotthefrog

If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

deleted account

live show has not improved since the last time I walked out on 'em.  the one song they admitted was new (that I was still in the room for) doesn't hold a candle to the worst song on King Of The Road.  but I bought the cd and will listen to it tonite