Los Natas - one the best stonerRock bands of all time

Started by MadJohnShaft, December 02, 2014, 08:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadJohnShaft

Holy Shit - these guys have tons of albums and they are all great. Sadly, I may never see them live. I love them so much.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

deleted account

seen 'em in Frisco during the Golden Age Of Stonerrock on one of them Man's Ruin showcases with ATP, Drunk Horse and Nebula.  they were fucking great

MadJohnShaft

deleted account

I vote no.  we are now in a stalemate as to what we should do with our thread

black

Damn priest, what a line-up!
That must have been a helluva show.
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

irratebass

Quote from: black on December 03, 2014, 12:18:24 PM

Too bad he missed them all......we all know he was snoozing by the merch booth
Living a Burt Reynolds lifestyle on Mac Davis budget

MadJohnShaft

Priest's idjit trolling aside, these guys have some amazing powerful moments on every record.   Are they still in business?

deleted account

I'm sorry, which of their albums are you reviewing again?

sleestak

Not sure if they are still putting stuff as (Los) Natas but Sergio has a solo album out that was released last month: https://sasrecords.bandcamp.com/

Do me a favor and just ignore the post and never continue the conversation though shaft.  Because you're a fucking jerk like that.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

whoshotthefrog

Quote from: black on December 03, 2014, 12:18:24 PM

priest always sees the good shows.
If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

MadJohnShaft

I sure had no luck buying any LPs in their native Buenos Aires, which I found disappointing.  I'll have to listen to their swan song again, I don't remember what this last release is like.

El Nuevo Orden de La Libertad - 2009 (SMALL STONE RECORDS, USA)

sleestak

There were some lineup changes back in the maybe 2005-ish Small Stone era where I kinda lost interest but the cool thing is that stuff is new to me now as I revisit.  Ciudad is one of the top all-time "Stoner Rock" albums in my opinion.  The debut was written off by a lot of people as by-the-numbers stoner stuff but I think it is a lot better than that description.

There was that band where one of the members spun off to called Buffalo (not the 70s rock band from Australia, obviously) that had some Natas feel to them but were more straight forward rock like.

MadJohnShaft

That song El Cono Del Encono (The Cone of Bitterness - less catchy in English)  is the one where they got my attention on the 2002 album Corsario Negro - plus they sing in their native Spanish, which is rare.

MadJohnShaft

It was the bass player from Natas that did the Argentinian Buffalo - that "Astroqueen vs. Buffalo " split is awesome.

vortex surfer

Saw them around 2003. Small club in Athens. Came out late, started their set after 11.00 or so. Played for like 40 mins and they were all over the place, like not together at all. I think they had to stop and restart a couple of songs. They then disappeared off stage - everyone not really sure if they'd gone for good, to the point that people started leaving. Another 45 minutes later they re-appear and play one of the best live sets I've seen to well after 2.30 in the morning. Saw them another couple of times after that and they were great, but this was really a night to remember. 

sleestak

Jealous.  That sounds awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingdragon

Los Natas still in constant rotation here. One of the first stoner bands I got into, along with the obvious ones, and they capture what I love about the genre more than anything else. Plus, the more covers of Brainstorm that get made, the better. Got a 7" with this b/w Paranoid (probably the other way round)

Andrew Blakk

Great band. My former guitarist in my last band hooked me up on these guys ages ago.

I really like how the vocals sound.

MadJohnShaft

Yeah, they do neat vocal arrangements - in Spanish!

The Fly Army

Click

I've only heard 2. The Cudiad one (sp) aid realllllll good. I got the recent Heads on the lp. If no ones writ it up I shall.  Msg to MJS - I got the 5 cd Rhino "in yo face" collection for 15 bux. Alots pretty know stuff but strong nonetheless used CDs are awesome. 

NP - the earth song lanagan sings on