Monster Magnet - Milking the Stars: A Re-Imagining of Last Patrol

Started by The Shocker, December 04, 2014, 12:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shocker

Now this is more like it.  Much more of a spacerock vibe.  I really need to listen to both albums back to back to see how different the re-done songs are.

Dylan Thomas

The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

The Shocker

They are one of the few bands I'll get every album they put out, but this one is not a disappointment.

Dylan Thomas

Quote from: The Shocker on December 04, 2014, 12:26:57 PM
They are one of the few bands I'll get every album they put out, but this one is not a disappointment.

Shit yeah, I buy everything they put out as well, and I'm fucking loving this.  Need some more time with it, though this is definitely really out there/spacey/trippy.

MadJohnShaft

Something with Monster Magnet never really clicks with me. I keep trying though.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

sleestak

It took me being stoned and listening to Superjudge.  I worked backwards after that.  I need this Milking the Stars as I liked Last Patrol and if this makes it spacier than that sounds cool.

Kind of a neat idea for a band that's done a lot too.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

MikeyT

Always liked their name. It may sound absurd, but in my experience most bands with cool names play cool music (to a greater or lesser degree).
    Libertycaps suggested they were strongly influenced/inspired by Steppenwolf. Judging from their name, some of their album/promotional artwork, and their music, there seems to be little doubt that he was correct...

Steppenwolf's 'Monster' album cover:

In any case, I do like their music.

'Seven doctors couldn't help my head,
They said, "You better quit, son, before you're dead".'

MikeyT

'Seven doctors couldn't help my head,
They said, "You better quit, son, before you're dead".'

The Shocker

Dylan Thomas