So I just started listening to Red Fang

Started by swordofdoom, October 03, 2012, 04:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Volume

I love Red Fang. Good songs, great videos and killer live band. Looking forward to the new album.

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

eoin_not_ian

I am a fan, but not entirely sold on what I have heard of the new album. I will still pick up the album when it comes out though and most likely enjoy it.

Adamdc

They clearly have a good sense of humor but I became bored with both their records after a few listens.

Dylan Thomas

Quote from: Adamdc on October 06, 2013, 09:20:20 PM
They clearly have a good sense of humor but I became bored with both their records after a few listens.

Yeah, this is precisely my take on them.  Initially, I didn't want to be a bummer by bringing it up.  I just don't really hear anything very interesting going on in their music whatsoever.

The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

RAGER

You're not supposed to put on their record with headphones and get all introspective.  It's have a fucking good time music.  Shows are a blast.  The one show I played with them was one of the biggest shows I've played.  Good times.
No Focus Pocus

Ryno

Gave the new one a couple of listens today.  While I don't think they're breaking new ground, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better group of older, bearded, beer-guzzling rock and rollers in the land right now.  The album is solid and kicks serious ass. Seeing them tomorrow night.  I will report back with what I remember...

Oh yeah...YOB Mike Scheidt on "Dawn Rising" = EPIC
If a bear shits in the woods, should I have a cocktail?

tattooedsean

I am not sure what I think about the recorded material but I get the vibe that they might be a fun band to see live.   :)

Dylan Thomas

I don't know, I heard the new album, it's even more of a snoozefest than the last two...

Demon Lung

Quote from: Dylan Thomas on October 29, 2013, 08:03:00 AM
I don't know, I heard the new album, it's even more of a snoozefest than the last two...
yeah they have the tendency to blow their load on a couple of songs...

Sub Masters

Then you wil definately dig this band "Sub Masters" out of Berlin check out this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAufQbnWF1I
Peace Wayne

budda12ax7

good stuff...their new cd just dropped.....it is ok.....I don't think they sound southern at all.....
Boot Cut Jeans

OSG

Dylan Thomas

I like Pearl Jam a lot more than I like Clutch.  Both of these bands have released albums that I hold in very high regard.  Both "Ten" and the s/t Clutch I would consider "perfect" in that I love every song on both albums.  It's a rare band that can pull that off, and though I respect Red Fang, they ain't one of those bands.  Not in the same league.

MadJohnShaft

I keep trying to listen to them. Some bands just don't effortlessly translate to record.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

black

I really dig them live, but it seems that on repeated listening to their records, there are only a couple songs that I really like--you know, the "hits"-- and the rest is just o.k.
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

Dylan Thomas

Quote from: black on September 09, 2014, 03:12:40 PM
I really dig them live, but it seems that on repeated listening to their records, there are only a couple songs that I really like--you know, the "hits"-- and the rest is just o.k.

I'm kind of bummed, as I had a chance to see them live when I was in Austin, and I passed it up.  Despite my feelings about their records and cheesy videos, I hear nothing but good things about their live show...

Trevors_Head

Man this band is awesome. I agree though that the 'hit' songs on their albums are HITS and the misses fit the 'background-music-while-we-have-a-smoke' category. Either way, there's a lot of classic stoner material in their sound (The Sword and Melvins come to mind, as well as some Wizard), so I'm happy! I personally like the punky edge they have on some tracks.

They sound nothing like Clutch though...  :P
UK Stoner-punks 'Trevor's Head'. Free music here!
https://soundcloud.com/trevors-head
http://trevorshead1.bandcamp.com/