Pepsi Throwback ?

Started by MikeyT, November 29, 2012, 04:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeyT

I finally heard about Pepsi Throwback about a month ago. Pepsi Throwback is Pepsi made with real Sugar (as opposed to High Fructose Corn Syrup). I recently heard a doctor (on a 'medical show') say that our bodies are not designed to process HFCS.
They apparently quit making Pepsi with sugar back in the 80's.
I didn't realize it'd been that long.

Anyway, I was pretty excited, and bought a case (they only sell it in 12 pack cans here).   ;D

Anyone else tried it ?
'Seven doctors couldn't help my head,
They said, "You better quit, son, before you're dead".'

RAGER

Nope.  don;t drink soder poop.  Terrible bad for your prostate
No Focus Pocus

Adam

Our bodies aren't designed to process high concentrations of fructose no matter what form it comes it.

High Fructose Corn Syrup is 55% fructose and 45% glucose (at least how it is used in todays foods primarily).
Table Sugar is 50% fructose and 50% glucose.

Not much difference.

The only way this would be not as unhealthy is if they used much less sugar.  I would guess, if anything, they used more sugar in this too boost the sweetness, which they might have lost a little of since there is slightly less fructose content (and fructose is much sweeter than glucose).

Lumpy

Put me down for Pepsi Clear.

(Just kidding, I like plain soda)
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

EddieMullet

They have a Mountain Dew Throwback too, now if they'd just put the damn stuff in a glass bottle, I'd be all over it.

Lumpy

You can get Mexican and Indian coke here, in glass bottles with sugar. "Imported".
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

mortlock

i gave up soda pop awhile back..shit sucks.

youre better off drinkin beers.

Jor el

Quote from: EddieMullet on November 29, 2012, 10:31:54 PM

They have a Mountain Dew Throwback too, now if they'd just put the damn stuff in a glass bottle, I'd be all over it.

Ditto
What Would Scooby Do ?

MadJohnShaft

Yeah, don't you have the Mexican coke bottles?
Some days chickens, some days feathers

neighbor664

My pepsi is so "throwback" it is called water.

MikeyT

Quote from: Adam on November 29, 2012, 08:27:37 PM
Our bodies aren't designed to process high concentrations of fructose no matter what form it comes it.

High Fructose Corn Syrup is 55% fructose and 45% glucose (at least how it is used in todays foods primarily).

Not much difference.

The only way this would be not as unhealthy is if they used much less sugar.  I would guess, if anything, they used more sugar in this too boost the sweetness, which they might have lost a little of since there is slightly less fructose content (and fructose is much sweeter than glucose).

I wasn't actually hoping for another lecture on the health benefits/detriments of Pepsi and/or sugar, because I've been getting those from my hippie friends for at least thirty five years, but thanks.

Not much difference.

Well, that's a 10% difference. I think that's enough to be significant, in fact I think even 5% would be significant- especially if you consumed the stuff in large quantities, but you certainly don't have to, and I'm not endorsing that.

The only way this would be not as unhealthy is if they used much less sugar.

Thereby completely destroying the flavor of the drink. We could also make cakes and pies without sugar and fat, and get the same result. Great. Just don't drink it all the time, and you'll be fine.

I would guess, if anything, they used more sugar in this too boost the sweetness, which they might have lost a little of since there is slightly less fructose content (and fructose is much sweeter than glucose).

The regular Pepsi can says "Sugars 41g", and the Pepsi Throwback can says "Sugars 40g".

Adam

Quote from: MikeyT on November 30, 2012, 09:55:06 PM
     I wasn't actually hoping for another lecture on the health benefits/detriments of Pepsi and/or sugar, because I've been getting those from my hippie friends for at least thirty five years, but thanks.

I was just responding to your initial comments about HFCS.

Not much difference.

Well, that's a 10% difference. I think that's enough to be significant, in fact I think even 5% would be significant- especially if you consumed the stuff in large quantities, but you certainly don't have to, and I'm not endorsing that.

In that 12 oz can, its a difference of 20 grams of fructose (Pepsi) to 18 grams of fructose (Throwback). Or a difference in 8 Calories.

The only way this would be not as unhealthy is if they used much less sugar.

Thereby completely destroying the flavor of the drink. We could also make cakes and pies without sugar and fat, and get the same result. Great. Just don't drink it all the time, and you'll be fine.

True. I didn't state otherwise.

I would guess, if anything, they used more sugar in this too boost the sweetness, which they might have lost a little of since there is slightly less fructose content (and fructose is much sweeter than glucose).

The regular Pepsi can says "Sugars 41g", and the Pepsi Throwback can says "Sugars 40g".

Like I said, I was just guessing and I have not had either to be able to compare in taste.

Anyways, I wasn't trying to lecture, just responding to your posted comment about HFCS.

You can drink what ever you wish to drink,

whoshotthefrog

Quote from: EddieMullet on November 29, 2012, 10:31:54 PM

I tried it one time and I thought it tasted flat. Didn't like it at all.
If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

MikeyT

Quote from: Adam on November 30, 2012, 11:09:35 PM

You can drink what ever you wish to drink,

It's very gracious of you to allow this.  ;)

yeezuz

My pussy tastes like Pepsi Cola, My eyes are wide like cherry pies

MadJohnShaft

No sentence starting with Our bodies aren't designed ever pans out....
Some days chickens, some days feathers

black

Quote from: xina on December 03, 2012, 11:59:11 AM

I was about to sign up for the Pepsi Challengeā„¢, then I remembered that's a Lana Del Rey lyric.

oh well.
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

Chovie D

I'd slaughter all your children for a case of peach nehi

MikeyT

I think you might be crazy. 

yeezuz

Quote from: black on December 03, 2012, 03:00:24 PM

I was about to sign up for the Pepsi Challengeā„¢, then I remembered that's a Lana Del Rey lyric.

oh well.
;)