Nintendo Switch

Started by socket, January 13, 2017, 12:16:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

socket

Just caught a few chunks of the Nintendo Switch announcement. They are trying hard to sell a Wii-like new or "party" concept. I appreciate that. It worked before... Put the fun Wii gimmick games in there. Some of them were honestly fucking amazing. Wii Bowling? But they are also covering like some decent "real" games. Super Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, Splatoon, etc, for the "normal" gaming part of it. They are trying to cover all bases of casual gamers this time.

The price? $300. I think $250 would have been perfect. I guess I'll get one eventually.
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

GeeZa

I ordered one for release day. mostly because the new Zelda looks magnificent and I think the Switch hardware looks like fun. I think the jury is out on exactly where this thing will go, but I've got a sneaking suspicion it'll be a hit for Nintendo.

socket

I have a pre-order at Amazon. I was going to maybe cancel it but what the hell!

GeeZa

Quote from: socket on January 15, 2017, 11:51:00 PM
I have a pre-order at Amazon. I was going to maybe cancel it but what the hell!

I thought the same way but I figured I'd thank myself on release day when the new toy arrives. :-)

GeeZa

Pre-ordered Zelda off Amazon (cheaper) and plan on release day to take a day off work, construct a gigantic spliff and settle down with the game and some Pilsner Urquell. Sorted.

socket

Damnit, stop giving me ideas!

socket

Missed the Amazon preorder of Zelda so ran out and got it on my lunch break. Barely played it so far but I'm impressed. Gz, you beat it yet?

Jor el

I have absolutely no idea what the fuck You Peopleā„¢ are talking aboot.

What Would Scooby Do ?

socket

Buzz off and go eat a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Isabellacat

Definitely on my list of things to get. Interesting looking device. Trolls/dorks on the videogame site I post on are going apeshit over it. Honestly never was a big fan of those modern 3D type games. They're impressive to look at,but they make me dizzy,and I get totally bored of that stuff quick. Give me old school Zelda over that anyday.

socket

If you can afford it, it's worth it even just for Zelda. I'm not the biggest fan of the series but Breath of the Wild is great. Not much else available yet.

GeeZa

Zelda is magnificent. I can also thoroughly recommend Fast RMX for sci-fi racing fans (think Wipeout or F-Zero). The speed is mind-bending and there's a lot of content for 20 bucks with more on the way.

But yeah Zelda here is very much where it's at, Nintendo proving that they are still pound-for-pound the best game developer in the world.

Isabellacat

Ok I'll check it out. Fast RMX sounds awesome. Racing games on the other hand I can get behind when it comes to modern games. Can't wait til the new Mario Kart comes out.

Guess I can't judge the new Zelda til I play it,but I am not a big fan of modern RPGs at all,they're boring to me.

Isabellacat

Ok I think I really need to get this now...

https://www.engadget.com/2017/01/13/nintendo-switch-neo-geo-games-waku-waku-7-kof/

:o  It can also play Neo Geo games ,whoa. Now that's impressive.