Started by RAGER, April 07, 2012, 03:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

MadJohnShaft

It's a fucking miracle!
Some days chickens, some days feathers

deleted account

bump, so that *certain people who own restaurants and restaurant blogs* can easily re-locate the thread

RAGER

Alright alright alright.  Things are moving along but a bit slower than planned.  Gasp!! big surprise.  Been doing test batches.  People are diggin it.  No fries, no ranch. :o
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

as long as theres bleu cheese we're good..

deleted account

do you have something against Ireland or Idaho?  who da ho?

good to hear anyway, but this blog cabin needs some serious sprucin' up.

behold, bitches:  the greatest Indian restaurant in the entire fucking world...

Favorite Indian Restaurant.  AKA The Fave.  AKA Smiley's.  AKA Smile Town.  just look at those motherfuckin' palm trees!

oh hell yes.  check it out, this bitch knows what's up.

well what have we here?  why, it's plate numero uno, and clockwise from the top we have bindhi masala (okra), channa masala (chickpeas), mushroom mattar without the mattar (they went with onions instead today), veg korma, and adorned with a piece of veg pakora and two tandoori chicken legs.  hungry?

what's that, Shaft?  you want in-meal entertainment?  we have only the finest Bollywood music videos from the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 000's, and even newer-fangled shit.  we got more hot Indian babes screeching their shrill ass lungs out than you can shake your naan at!

plate #2.  the dessert plate.  clockwise from the top we have saag (spinach), more mattarless mushroom cuz it's MY fuckin' fave, chicken tikka masala, and mattar paneer (peas n' cheese).  that will be $10.82 please!

drive safely!

y'all come back now, ya hear!

MadJohnShaft

I got it - you can serve bagels cut this weird way, it can be a thing. Watch the video at the bottom.

http://www.georgehart.com/bagel/bagel.html

Try the Amazing BAGELOMUNDO

neighbor664

Silly Priest, nothing good has ever come from Hayward.

RAGER

We open ever so quietly in the next few days.  We brewed an IPA yesterday but we already have 4 beers ready to go and oodles for the guest taps.  Small menu to start consisting of some sandwiches, fancy burgers,couple salads, some sides, and a soup.  Stoked.
No Focus Pocus

GodShifter

MadJohnShaft

deleted account

are you offering anything containing potato as a side with those fancy burgers?

Sally

Lumpy

Good luck, it seems like a tough business!
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

mortlock

only 4 beers..what a disgrace!!!!

RAGER

Actually 5 beers of our own and the capacity to have another 18 guest taps.
No Focus Pocus

Sparkle Motion

So the place is called The Bottle and it's in Vancouver, correct?
"There ain't much difference between the man I wanna be and the man that I really am."

RAGER

incorrect sir.  no soup for you
No Focus Pocus

Sparkle Motion

Quote from: RAGER on July 28, 2012, 06:20:18 PM
incorrect sir.  no soup for you

Dude, I'm just trying find your restaurant and you know maybe throw you some business.  It just so happens that im in Portland for the weekend.  If that is unacceptable to you then just say so.

This doesn't have to be as difficult as you are trying to make it.
"There ain't much difference between the man I wanna be and the man that I really am."

deleted account

RAGER's blog cabin instruction manual is mostly blank pages for notes.  if he runs his restaurant the way he's runnin' this shit, you'll be doing most of the cooking!

Lumpy

They probably don't even serve a good Fart Soup.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

^^fuck you man!! How you think we turn the tables? huh?? :D  prolly open in 2 days.  SHIT!!!!
No Focus Pocus

MadJohnShaft

Did you hire only hot chicks? I have found hiring Hot Chicks solves all problems.  Going into a restaurant or bar with only hot chicks working is always the best.

RAGER

Opened last night to an adoring crowd.  Sold out of a few things, most specifically my Achiote Cubano and Burger with sage brown butter, crispy sage leaves, fontina, and braised walla walla sweets and shrooms on a brioche bun.  Our Extra Pale and Saison sold very well with our Porter close behind.  Good opening, near capacity often.  We offer dining al fresco so the patio was jammed.  About a 15 hour day.  Gonna leave hear in a few and do it again for the next 3 or 4 days.  If you don't hear from me, I died of heat exhaustion.  Saturday is supposed to 95 so that means 115-ish in the kitchen.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Lowdaddy inspired me to update this blog.

Well we've been at it for about 2 weeks now.  Lots and lots of good feedback.  Some constructive criticism.  Some of which i will take into consideration and some which I will completely disregard.  It's always hard to adjust to people wanting to tweak your dishes to their liking.  Just fucking order it the way it is.  I put a lot of thought into that.  eesh.

Its been a while since I've had co-workers so that's also taking some getting used to.  None of them has heard of any of the music I play in the kitchen.  I mean seriously you haven't even heard of Minor Threat?  WTF??

The menu is very stripped down right now.  The point is to keep it simple and profitable at this crucial stage of getting money back into the kitty.  i'm chomping at the bit to do more than just burgers sandwiches and sides albeit they're not your regular burgers and sandwiches.  We've had many customers say either they're the best burger they've ever had or one the best in a long time.  yeah yeah yeah.  just wait a couple months when I change things up a bit.  you'll see some shit then.

Anyways, not as bumpy as i thought it would be.  having fun
No Focus Pocus