Falling Skies

Started by neighbor664, July 14, 2012, 03:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neighbor664

Anyone been watching this?

bitter

Yeah, has some big holes in the plot, but a good shoot-em-up sci-fi show.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

giantchris

I felt the first season was a gigantic disappointment...Terra Nova was a much better show and it got cancelled and Falling Skies is still going.  My problem with it is its TOO cliche.  Like all the characters are archetypes and feel like they have no depth to me.  I did hear the second season got a lot better though.

bitter

Some of the things they've done in this 2nd season have bordered on ridiculous. I would be happier if they focused on the group's (2nd Mass) struggle as a insurgency against the aliens, rather than all of the harness stuff.

That was terra nova's issue as well. Instead of focusing on the goals of the group, it became far too centered on the main characters. Not to say that's uncommon, but both shows constantly placed the lead characters into overly-convenient situations that didn't seem feasible in relation to the show's initial plot line, which caused the shows to feel forced.

The Shocker

Both of those shows had promise, but ultimately sucked dog dick.

sleestak

I couldn't get past the Michael Bayness of the first episode of terra nova.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

bitter

I would still argue that anyone who dug Terra nova might also enjoy the British show that preceded it, called Outcasts. The storyline was similar but the colony aspects were completely different (space travel vs time travel), but it ultimately had too much going on, causing people to lose interest.