Revolution premiers 09/17

Started by MadJohnShaft, September 17, 2012, 10:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadJohnShaft

Some days chickens, some days feathers

boltthrow

GodShifter

boltthrow

It looks like one of those post-apocalyptic things where people form Tribes and the US has been split up into The Dominions and people shake hands with that forearm-clasp like in Beastmaster.

But I could be wrong.

The Shocker

I'm not falling for it this time.

I,Galactus

Quote from: boltthrow on September 17, 2012, 01:59:53 PM
It looks like one of those post-apocalyptic things where people form Tribes and the US has been split up into The Dominions and people shake hands with that forearm-clasp like in Beastmaster.

But I could be wrong.

Also archery.  Bitches love archery.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

bitter

Not exactly excited, but seeing as this is taking over Grimm's time slot, I will give it a chance. Maybe it'll go well with the other Monday night sci-fi shows (Alpha's and warehouse 13) I normally watch?

Never saw the postman, so there's not a huge bias on my part. I'll report back if it's lame or not.

=============================================================================================================

EDIT: Meh. I'm tired of these modern network sci-fi shows. Why can't they create a show like this but not cheesy? It needs to be heavy and dark; not necessarily as dark as The Road, but with a serious tone. The walking dead, Stargate Universe, and Battlestar Galactica (mind I never caught this series) all seemed to have that vibe.

This show failed to really provide that terrifying atmosphere after the "blackout". Is that too much to ask of a post-apocalyptic plot??? It basically went from, "Better eat this ice cream because the fridge doesn't work anymore" to 15 years later and bad guys killing folks... It was just too rushed. They didn't give the story a chance to mellow before launching into main plot line.  

I'll continue to watch in order to see if the story/characters start gelling, but I wouldn't be surprised if this gets cancelled mid-season.

Currently: 4.5/10  :-\
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

MadJohnShaft

Quote from: GodShifter on September 17, 2012, 11:30:09 AM
Looks like dogshit.

Why do you even bother to get out of bed? 

It was eh....  Why does society slide so far in 15 years?

MadJohnShaft

This show sort of sucks because it is written so poorly - every time two characters come together we get a
five minute fist fight. No one ever talks?

I suspect once the Zombie show comes back no one will bother with this.

boltthrow

bitter

A few episodes in and I cant bring myself to watch it, even on the internet. Just like Terra Nova, they dropped the ball.

How can you have a show about dinosaurs without dinosaurs?
How can you have a show about the end of the world without rape?
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

boltthrow

And that moment, the most fearsome predator of the post-apocalyptic world arrived from the Cretaceous...

Rapesaurus Rex.

jmucke

Doomsday scenarios always get my vote but this was unwatchable by the third episode - probably way earlier but I thought it would come around. The writing is atrocious, the acting hardly better. Was this the best part Esposito could get after Breaking Bad?

MadJohnShaft

I bet he wonders what he hell he is doing there.  With Walking Dead back we don't have to watch this show now.

MadJohnShaft

That's for sure - I made my kid stop watching it - they ran out of ideas and the main character is now walking around murdering strangers as a result. Pulled the plug.