Recipes--Your Specialty

Started by black, September 28, 2011, 01:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

Quote from: mortlock on February 16, 2012, 11:30:58 PM
rager..how do you find the time to prepare this stuff..everything you make seems totally out of reach for me..you must be a professional.  

this stuff is actually kinda simple. My recipes are pretty basic given you have fundamental knowledge of cooking. it's just second nature to me to walk out to the yard and grab a handfull of rosemary and thyme when I get home.  It's second nature to me to always have extra virgin olive oil on the list and scallions and parmesan and olives and bread and i go to meat stores and cheese stores on the weekends for fun and drink new beers from macro breweries.  But my guitar playing has suffered as of late.  No band going right now so I've had a little extra thyme.  Playing my drums more though for some reason.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Curried shrimp, jasmine rice, and a raw kale slaw for two.  Communal plate.  Very light.  Slept great last night because of the light meal and only a glass of red wine.  Been doing a lot of test cooking lately :-X

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Late light dinner; green salad with lemon vinaigrette and cold shrimp with a quick cocktail sauce i whipped up.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Today I'm making chicken liver pate` for the bahn mi we'll be having on Monday.

But for dinner tonight it is caldo de albondigas made with wild bear meat......ohmufugod!!
No Focus Pocus

libertycaps

Just got some elk meat roast from a girl at work. Her hubby landed one this year. A rare gift.
I think i'm gonna smoke it.

Lumpy

Quote from: libertycaps on March 07, 2012, 02:56:49 AM
Just got some elk meat roast from a girl at work. Her hubby landed one this year. A rare gift.
I think i'm gonna smoke it.

Don't boil it first.

;)
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

El Zombre

Quote from: RAGER on February 25, 2012, 01:06:47 PM
Today I'm making chicken liver pate` for the bahn mi we'll be having on Monday.

But for dinner tonight it is caldo de albondigas made with wild bear meat......ohmufugod!!

Damn that sounds good. I like this banh mi trend (<- proper spelling in Vietnamese, btw although yours is way more prevalent for some reason) - bc the immigrant stores although tasty rarely innovate or use really good ingredients.

RAGER

Tonight was bachelor night for me so......beef and kimchi (home made) with just some baguette.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

I have to take better pics some how :'(
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Tonight it's grilled steak medium rare and chimol (Honduran salsa with radishes) , some rice, peppers onions, and carrots en escbeche and warm chips.
No Focus Pocus

mertz

What time will dinner be done? I'm starving!

RAGER

Well seeing that you have aboot a 13 hour drive you better hustle.
No Focus Pocus

mertz

RAGER

haven't had the time to make anything photo worthy lately.

Pasta cacio e pepe w/cod fillet alla anchovie gremolata (Italian salsa verde)
No Focus Pocus

I,Galactus

Quote from: RAGER on May 21, 2012, 11:37:10 AM
haven't had the time to make anything photo worthy lately.

Pasta cacio e pepe w/cod fillet alla anchovie gremolata (Italian salsa verde)

I would eat the everloving shit out of that.  Shoulda made a cheese bowl for the caccio, tho.

"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

RAGER

yeah that would have been cool.  I used a different pasta shape than I've ever used.  I really like it.

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

mertzy

Quote from: RAGER on May 21, 2012, 12:00:29 PM
yeah that would have been cool.  I used a different pasta shape than I've ever used.  I really like it.

RAGER

So last night i fought torrential downpours, lightning very close by, and thunder loud enough to rattle your fillings for this dinner.  I was out on the deck grilling this tenderloin through all this :D

pork tenderloin porketta style.  A rub of toasted fennel seeds, chopped parsley, dried oregano, minced garlic, paprika, s&p.  Grill to 155 drgrees.  let rest for 5 minutes, slice.  Made a nice big salad of greens, gorgonzola and a simple vinaigrette.  Also steamed up some tiny taters.  Seerved all together in our Moroccan style communal bowl.

sorry for the shadow

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Vietnamese grilled chicken, grilled zuchinni, and bap xao tom bo.

No Focus Pocus

Instant Dan

Anyone got a good recipe for spicy pulled pork? The last time I made it, it was dried out.

RAGER

Seared elk steak, maple dijon glazed cod on a bed of sauteed spinach and zuchinni.

Surf and turf
No Focus Pocus

I,Galactus

Quote from: RAGER on June 04, 2012, 11:04:10 PM
Seared elk steak, maple dijon glazed cod on a bed of sauteed spinach and zuchinni.

Surf and turf

Looks delish (as ever).  How gamey and/or tough is elk?
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

RAGER

none and none when you barely cook it ;)
No Focus Pocus

Gigi

I need to make potato salad this weekend...any recipe suggestions?