potato salad

Started by deleted account, April 03, 2015, 02:03:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deleted account

anybody got a "holy shit, this is the best fucking potato salad in the history of mankind" recipe?

otherwise I'm gonna experiment.  and report back.

also, I'd like to know who is pro-Miracle Whip for this salad and why.  very intrigued by this condiment

mortlock

deleted account

they call it "Best Foods" west of the Rockies.  already got it on hand.

I got it in my fridge, I don't got it on my hand like I'm gonna jack off with it.  yuck!

deleted account

BitterAndTwisted

My German grandmother's version included peeled waxy potatoes, chopped dill pickles, onion and green apple, REAL MAYONNAISE (Hellmans in a pinch) and lots of parsley.  Plus s & p. I sometimes put a tablespoon of wine vinegar and a quarter to a half a teaspoon of sugar.  The key is to keep testing it until it's absolutely right.  This is generally the reason I start out with double of what I end up with.
Fucking retards, taste my nuts while getting dunked on.

deleted account

B & T!  I made it kinda half-assed Southern style with not enough vinegar or mustard or Hellmann's  but they could taste the bacon!  will post a before/ after set later if I'm not passed out!

Adam

Never been a huge potato salad fan but the best place I have had it from threw some mustard into the recipe. It definitely worked, but you definitely wouldn't want to overdo it.

deleted account

was too out of it to remember to take an after, but I think at least half of it got ate.  will try a sweeter, vinegaryer version next

mortlock

nice blue motif with the tile and the bowl..

deleted account

that's my buddy's house and bowl.  I showed up with the shit in a big ass IKEA pot.

or, as Jor el would say:  thanks

black

I like potato salad either way.
With mustard or mayonnaise.
Your recipe and that picture sound/look delicious.
Seriously.
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

MadJohnShaft

I carry some around with me
Some days chickens, some days feathers

Bro. Righteous

I've always dug it w/a smidgen of Elvis 'du'fleur myself:

I ain't drunk - I'm just drinkin...

Lumpy

Miracle Whip is too sweet.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

mortlock

Quote from: Lumpy on April 12, 2015, 06:08:12 PM
Miracle Whip is too sweet.
its not bad in tuna..but hellmanns is way better..

Pissy

Sparklemotion has a really good roasted red potato salad recipe that was vinegar based.  The key was to get good color on the potatoes.  I think he made an emulsion out of the vinegar, and used some dill in it.  He may or may not have had saffron in there as well.  I was fortunate enough to have some when it was still hot, and it was "the best fucking potato salad I'd ever had".  It also had bacon in it - of course.

I get his and this one my wife makes confused, as I know she boils her potatoes in saffron water.
Vinyls.   deal.