Dessert

Started by demon gal, September 30, 2011, 09:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

demon gal

What's your poison?

European pastries are my weakness. I love me a good Cream Puff or Eclair (especially mocha ) or Napoleon, but with powdered sugar not icing.

The Shocker

Carrot Cake with cream cheese icing.

demon gal

^applauded (extra icing, no raisins)

Jor el

Extra Raisins, No Icing
What Would Scooby Do ?

demon gal

RAGER

Figures that a girl would start this thread.  I don't have much of a sweet tooth but I do like a good carrot cake.

Or tres leche..
No Focus Pocus

johnny problem

Tarte au Sucre
Tarte au Gruau
Banana Bread
Carrot Cake
Carrés Divins
Date Squares
Apple Pie (with Maple Syrup poured on top and Vanilla Ice cream on the side.  Also, the apple pie can't have any Cinnamon or crumble type stuff)
Pudding Chomeur
Bread Pudding (with Maple Syrup)

Fuck it, this list is going to be too long.

whoshotthefrog

Anything with peanut butter in it. Every few months a friend of mine who is an incredible Chef make me a peanut Butter cheesecake. It is so damn good that I probably could give me an orgasm after eating it.
If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

The Shocker

My Achille's heel is donuts.  I can eat healthy all day and night, but if someone brings donuts to work I lose all resolve.  All I can do is maybe stop at one...

I,Galactus

Bumping this thread because I'm jacked up on my favorite dessert:  Eiskaffee!

Pour strong, cold, black coffee over vanilla ice cream.  Add wafers and whip if'n your feeling fancy.

Sugar rush + caffeine kick?  Yes please!
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

RAGER

Carmel dipped grapes rolled in crushed nuts.  zomfg
No Focus Pocus

deleted account

what up with the prissy stix?  seems like a waste of time/ materials on a bite-size item.  couldn't you use toothpicks?

RAGER

You gotta justify the cost.  It's aboot presentation
No Focus Pocus

bitter

This isn't really my favorite dessert, but I didn't want to start a new thread. I got some Kozy Shack Tapioca pudding and the tapioca balls are huge! This is like the 00 buckshot of the tapioca world. A lot less sweet too, which is a plus over other brands. My new go-to puddin' brand.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Sally

Kozy Shack rice pudding is really good too.

juggernaut

Quote from: Sally on August 04, 2012, 07:22:20 AM
Kozy Shack rice pudding is really good too.

Trader Joe's has a rice pudding that is quite literally like crack for me.  I don't know what those fuckers put in there but it lights up some area of my brain that will not let me stop until I've eaten the whole thing.  Because of this I am not allowed to buy it ever again.

Soundgardenia

Hopefully next weekend Miss Sally and I will attempt to grill some bananas and add some ice cream and chocolate syrup on top... I was also thinking of maybe adding some brandy to the bananas, wrap it in foil and leave it on top of the grill for a while... Not sure if it will be excessively sweet though..
I could play Stairway to Heaven when I was twelve... Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two... I think that says quite a lot..

juggernaut

Quote from: Soundgardenia on August 07, 2012, 02:29:11 PM
Hopefully next weekend Miss Sally and I will attempt to grill some bananas and add some ice cream and chocolate syrup on top... I was also thinking of maybe adding some brandy to the bananas, wrap it in foil and leave it on top of the grill for a while... Not sure if it will be excessively sweet though..

You should just make some Bananas Foster

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bananas_Foster

Soundgardenia

hmmm... that does sound good
I could play Stairway to Heaven when I was twelve... Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two... I think that says quite a lot..

juggernaut

Quote from: Soundgardenia on August 07, 2012, 03:03:49 PM
hmmm... that does sound good

It's really awesome. It's a New Orleans thing and when I visted I had it twice.  Once at one of Emeril's places and it was unbelievably good.  Then I had it another time in the form of a bananas foster french toast which was great in it's own right. 

I,Galactus

Bananas foster is indeed, the business.  I've got my dad's recipe at home and if memory serves it's a little different than the original Brennan's.  Probably pilfered from the Metropolitan Club in Chicago where he used to work.  I'll root around for it tonight and post.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

Soundgardenia

I'm totally going to try it!

I haven't baked in a while (don't have a mixer and am way too lazy to mix by hand), however, i've done this portuguese dessert for a portuguese friend that was pregnant and with some cravings:

It's called Aletria and it's really easy to do:

8 cups of milk ( 1/2 gallon)
6 eggs yolks
1 and 1/2 cups of sugar (I do it by taste and keep pouring until it tastes right)
2 pieces of lemon peel
1 stick of cinnamon
1 package of vermicelli

Pour milk into a large pot. Bring it to a boil, stirring constantly. Add the sugar, the lemon peels and the cinnamon stick to the milk and then add the noodles while stirring constantly until the pasta is cooked. Beat the egg yolks, then I usually turn off the heat and add the yolks slowly (so they don't cook) and mix it real quick. Pour onto a platter to cool naturally then put it on the fridge. Sprinkle with cinnamon.  :)

I,Galactus

Quote from: I,Galactus on August 07, 2012, 04:04:24 PM
Bananas foster is indeed, the business.  I've got my dad's recipe at home and if memory serves it's a little different than the original Brennan's.  Probably pilfered from the Metropolitan Club in Chicago where he used to work.  I'll root around for it tonight and post.

So it looks the like the only thing added is slivered almonds, and substitute brandy for the liqueur and rum.  Extinguish the flambe w/ a fresh squeezed OJ and serve over ice cream.  I could go for some of that right about meow.

Jor el

I need some goddamned German Chocolate Cake.

Pronto.
What Would Scooby Do ?