Fast and Furious 6

Started by Ranbat, June 02, 2013, 08:59:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranbat

The Fast and Furious series is one of the oddest batch of movies ever to be able to keep it's following. After the success of the first movie, the sequel 2Fast 2Furious only had one remaining original character. The second sequel, Tokyo Drift, had nothing to do with the first two movies, but the character of Han would be kept for the next movie. The 3rd sequel, Fast and Furious, reunited the core original cast and made the connection to Tokyo Drift by adding the character of Han to the plot. This makes Fast and Furious not only a sequel to the first two movies, but a prequel to Tokyo Drift. The fourth sequel/2nd prequel, Fast Five, sees the addition of Dwayne Johnson as Hobbs and assembles the best of the characters from all the previous movies and brings back yet another character from the first.
Fast and Furious 6 set Memorial Day weekend and Universal box office records. After so many other previous movies, this franchise has only gotten better and more popular. Many other franchises would have hit the direct to video racks by now, with maybe one remaining original lead making a career out of it. Instead, the writing and plot devices have become better. There are alot of surprises for those that follow this series. Those that have stuck around have been rewarded with the best Fast and Furious movie yet, with Fast 7 already being filmed for release next year.
I'm not saying that this is anything more than a big dumb action flick based around some really cool cars. But this movie has done well at fleshing things out, tying things together and setting up the plot for the next sequel. There is a large cast that has kept the followers of this series entertained and coming back for more. Sadly, some of those characters will not be returning for the next movie. That only adds to how difficult it will be to top this movie. If you already love the Fast and Furious movies, this one will not disappoint.
Meh :/

Demon Lung

I've only seen the first one as I thought that it was horrible. I'm not the type of person that's going to watch a movie just because it is made.

gritty_fingers

These movies are a guilty pleasure for me. The third one, Tokyo Drift was the weakest in the whole series.

I would say the last two are the best of the series. They are dumb but entertaining.
"Ginger People"

Ranbat

I am pretty surprised that the franchise has lasted this long and gotten more successful. It's going to be hard to beat this movie with Fast 7, but the addition of the villain revealed at the end of 6 will probably bring those that follow that actor's movies. It's a good match.
Meh :/

MadJohnShaft

On the giant XD theater it filled my field of vision with muscular men and a few hot babes. I liked the jumping best.  Plus Ana Lucia is on it.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

mortlock

I liked it but the main people all should have died a hundred times over in this movie.. they have become superhuman. the realism has been totally lost. the early movies were, at least, a little believable..