Frank

Started by vonzombie, January 22, 2015, 08:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vonzombie

I just watched this on the Netflix. I don't know why I put it off, other than I remember the real life Frank Sidebottom and he was sort of a character from my childhood and in that way untouchable (I don't know if Americans had Frank Sidebottom). This film was 'inspired' by Chris Sievey and based on some writing that Jon Ronson did about him (he played in his band at some point, I think).

I really enjoyed it. I found it genuinely touching and it enhances my memories of Frank Sidebottom more than anything. Michael Fassbender in the lead role and he is great.

jmucke

I had no idea the movie was based on a real character (or rather inspired by). Interesting. Nice movie and I didn't recognized Fassbender even without the mask. I didn't check the cast until after the movie and I couldn't figure out where I had seen this actor before.

black

Watched it yesterday and enjoyed it.
Was not familiar with Frank Sidebottom, but the Frank character and the band reminded me of Anton Newcombe and The Brian Jonestown Massacre.
Most of the movie was shot in New Mexico and Frank's parents house was filmed one street over from where I grew up. I attended a Sixth Grade boy/girl kissing party at the house next to it.
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.