Montage of Heck

Started by Token, May 04, 2015, 10:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Token

Pretty good documentary.

MadJohnShaft

Yeah it's really artsy fartsy and really good - the Cobain ladies produced it so it was favorable to them, maybe a little too much.

I am surprised he wasn't more into playing guitar when he was a mopey unloved teenager.  They painted him as directionless and helpless.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

irratebass

Fucking Sling wouldn't let me watch it from the beginning, so I watched the last half of it, will try and catch it from the beginning. I really liked what I seen, never seen a doc quite like that.
Living a Burt Reynolds lifestyle on Mac Davis budget

The Shocker

I believe I am one of the bigger Nirvana fans here (or at least willing to admit I am a fan), but that was too long, yet didn't cover as much as I was hoping.  It is sad that he had so many issues from such a young age.  Also, Courtney Love is gross.

MichaelZodiac

The home videos of Cobain & Love creeped me the fuck out.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

Token

Him nodding off holding Frances, downright sad.

No Grohl?

Liked the animated vignettes with actual recordings of Kurt were cool.

Lumpy

I heard part of an interview with somebody (director?) they said Kirst Novoselic was there to represent the band (so Grohl was redundant?) and hinted that Grohl wasn't even an original member.

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Chest Rockwell

unfortunately it just compounded my mixed feelings about feeling half sorry for him for his pain, confusion and the creative side of him... and feeling like he was a pretentious sulky prick that would have benefited from a good slap.

i didn't know about the 6 month drug binge thing which made it even worse. I bought Bleach, I watched the rise and fall, I was bemused.

and I'd still like Grohl to explain how he 'eschewed the fame' in anti-money Nirvana, yet sold his soul at the MTV crossroads before Cobain was even cold. (a bit harsh, but y'know, he's fucking everywhere now)

a sad waste is still the only thing I can conclude.
I play bass in THORUN

Facebook  www.facebook.com/Thorunband
Music       www.thorun.bandcamp.com
Youtube   www.youtube.com/user/Thorunband

Ayek

Quote from: Chest Rockwell on May 07, 2015, 03:24:02 AM
and I'd still like Grohl to explain how he 'eschewed the fame' in anti-money Nirvana, yet sold his soul at the MTV crossroads before Cobain was even cold. (a bit harsh, but y'know, he's fucking everywhere now)

I've read Grohl quotes blaming punk rock guilt for Kurt's death, so that mighta been what influenced his acceptance of fame and fortune in exchange for mediocre pop rock.

socket

Liked the docu. Was never a huge Nirvana fan but it was cool.

Buzzo saying that since he never heard something means it's not true is insanely self centered. Maybe he never told him certain things he was ashamed of. Whatever.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.