Hannibal

Started by vonzombie, June 14, 2015, 08:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vonzombie

I cannot get enough of this. The second episode of the new season made me feel sick! I can't remember the last time I saw anything so frightening, or grim, or emotive. Every single frame is a work of art, the score is wonderful - it's beautiful.

edit: I am a huge fan of the Thomas Harris books and original movies. This show is such an elegant extension of those, set in a parallel universe. I wonder if they will ever introduce Clarice Starling.

Lumpy

I was just reading an interview with the person who scores it - Brian Reitzell, who was/is the drummer for Redd Kross. (interview in the new issue of Tape Op)
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

GodShifter

Apparently they can't use Clarice Starling or Jame Gumb because some sort of licensing issues with the studio that produced "Silence of the Lambs". I think that's what I read (which, admittedly, makes no sense as they use other characters that are in that book: Crawford, Lecter). Maybe it's just that particular storyline ?

Adam

NBC announce this will be Hannibal's final season on the network. I really hope someone else (like Netflix or Hulu) will pick it up and allow it to keep going. One of the best shows on TV right now, IMO.