The Wolverine

Started by WhoreOfTijuana, August 06, 2013, 12:02:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhoreOfTijuana

Parts I enjoyed
Parts I didn't
Overall felt it was better then the first one.

deleted account

is it the story from the first mini-series?  pre Alpha Flight?  I'd see that shit.  on weed

strangelight

i liked it a lot until the unnecessary love story came in. i get that wolverine and mariko have this whole history in the comics, but it felt forced. for all the motivation and character development they gave wolverine (good), they skipped ALL character motivation and development for everyone else (bad). the bad guys made no sense. there were too many things i laughed out loud at that i wasn't supposed to (like wolverine getting shot up with 1000 arrows and still slowly walking forward).

mortlock

the best part of the movie is the use of hot Asian chicks in lead roles.

johnny problem

I didn't feel ripped off, but there were still a lot of parts that were left untouched that should have been developed on.

gritty_fingers

It was way better than the other "Wolverine" movie. Decent but not great.
"Ginger People"

ez

As someone who read the original Claremont books I think they did a good job of incorporating many of the aspects from that story arc into the movie while still managing to keep it fresh and interesting for long time fans of the comic.

I understand the complaints that the other characters lacked a bit of depth, but the movie essentially was a character development of the Wolverine. And it shined at that.

It could have been more violent though.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

WhoreOfTijuana

I wish this was the first Wolverine movie instead of that other piece of crap.