Diet Food :(

Started by mertz, March 18, 2012, 04:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

Awesome.  Sounds right to me.  I miss those people.  Especially Diem.  Cool old guy and Amy (Chau) cuz she was hott
No Focus Pocus

Sally

I've been making quinoa lately with veggies. Curbs my carb cravings...

Soundgardenia

Diet food thread, purrfect!

I gotta say, Sally's quinoa meals are pretty delicious!

I did this for lunch today:

octopus salad with parsley and onion

I could play Stairway to Heaven when I was twelve... Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two... I think that says quite a lot..

RAGER

Shame on you for eating octopus >:(. Eat squid. They're assholes. Octopi are smart little buggers
No Focus Pocus

Soundgardenia

squids are actually pretty smart as well... but i eat everything, i don't discriminate!  ;)
I could play Stairway to Heaven when I was twelve... Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two... I think that says quite a lot..

khoomeizhi

Quote from: RAGER on October 04, 2012, 05:34:12 PM
Shame on you for eating octopus >:(. Eat squid. They're assholes. Octopi are smart little buggers

porks are pretty smart buggers too, you know. as long as that's your deciding factor.
let's dispense the unpleasantries

deleted account

yeah, and how do you know octopussy's ain't smart assholes?  they certainly don't seem like the most loving of God's creatures.  then again, why should they be?  buncha suction cups and a fuckin' sharp ass beak

khoomeizhi

true. if i had a beak, i would peck the fuck out of some bitches.

RAGER

I ain't never seed a pork break outta one locked contraption to break into another locked contraption to get a crab. They're just stuck in their sty
No Focus Pocus

khoomeizhi

what they could do with some tentacles though....

Soundgardenia

deleted account

Quote from: Sally on October 02, 2012, 11:30:24 PM

it should, since it acts as a grain and has 34g of carbs per cup, cooked!  carbs ain't your enemy, starch carbs are.  quinoa=starch carbs.  eat beans

MadJohnShaft

Some days chickens, some days feathers

yeezuz

diet food recipe suggestions please? like blogs or some such. most of all i need more veggie side dish suggestions. getting tired of salad.

strangelight

Quote from: priest on October 09, 2012, 12:00:18 PM
Quote from: Sally on October 02, 2012, 11:30:24 PM

it should, since it acts as a grain and has 34g of carbs per cup, cooked!  carbs ain't your enemy, starch carbs are.  quinoa=starch carbs.  eat beans

yeah man, quinoa is full of carbs. it's delicious and high in fibre, but it's not not carbs.

i've been making veggie juice every day (6 kale leaves, 4 celery stalks, 1 cucumber, 2 green apples, 1/2 lemon, 1" ginger). i drink a litre (32 oz for you 'mericans) a day for breakfast/early lunch. then a light late lunch and dinner. try to avoid processed foods and stick to lean proteins and good fats and avoid grains, but i ain't perfect.

khoomeizhi

now, now, some of us 'mericans know that a quart is 32oz, but a liter is closer to 34.

xina, what's wrong with just lightly cooking/steaming your veggies? with maybe a squeeze of citrus over 'em? how's that different from a 'side dish'?

Soundgardenia

Here's something that always works for me:

Sautéed vegetables with mushrooms and garlic.

You can do it with almost every vegetable and it's delicious: broccoli, white cabbage or red cabbage (julienne them)... I usually also add a tiny little bit of curry and paprika... And sometimes cayenne pepper..

What I also love is cut long thin strips of peppers (i like mixing red and yellow) and let them cook in a pan with some olive oil and a little salt until they get really soft... It's pretty good.

yeezuz

Quote from: khoomeizhi on October 19, 2012, 07:43:43 AM

xina, what's wrong with just lightly cooking/steaming your veggies? with maybe a squeeze of citrus over 'em? how's that different from a 'side dish'?
nothing is wrong with that, i suppose i was looking for ideas about combinations of veggies and seasonings. so this stuff helps. i think the mushroom suggestion is going to stick, i like the umami with my veggies and need to cut down on meat.

mertzy

Going vegan for a month. Tonight I'm having sautéed mushrooms , zucchini, and spinach. Been at it since Monday.

mortlock

Quote from: mertzy on May 01, 2013, 09:59:19 PM
Going vegan for a month. Tonight I'm having sautéed mushrooms , zucchini, and spinach. Been at it since Monday.
resist the temptation..

mertzy

RAGER

Veganism is not a diet. It's a way of life.  So get ready to lose your tits and get angry.
No Focus Pocus