Fender Showman 412S cabinet

Started by Instant Dan, February 23, 2011, 09:48:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Instant Dan

Anyone have any information on these cabinets? One is at my nearest GC for $225 in good shape. I know Victor Griffin (Pentagram, Place of Skulls) uses them.

EDIT: Found out it was used with the cyber-twin head :/ but runs 75 watt celestions in a 16 ohm mono/2 8 ohm stereo operation.

VOLVO)))

The older ones are rad. I have the 2x15 version of it...
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Instant Dan

This is the newer version. But I just saw a Marshall 1960AX near me for 450. Might jump on it if he still has it.

VOLVO)))

I'd take the Marshall. Then I'd pop off the back and tighten everything.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

hayseed

I just sold an empty 2x15 Showman cab. That was one strangely shaped cab! I work with a guy that has a matching head and cab(2x15?) from the early 70's(?) and he is the original owner. He has been trying to sell it to me for the past year. I may snag it this spring.
"We just want to make the walls cave in and the ceiling collapse. Music is meant to be played as loudly as possible, really raw and punchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." - BON SCOTT, AC/DC

VOLVO)))

The 2x15 is real shallow, but it pumps out some fuckin' bottom. Love that cab.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Instant Dan

Scored the Marshall for 4 bills. Now I am going to try and convince him to let me pick it up this Saturday instead of Sunday.

Instant Dan

I think the guy is a scammer. If you notice the link I put in, the cabinet listed in Austin looks exactly the same as the one listed in Panama City,FL listed three months earlier.
http://instrument.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/music.cgi?cat=msg&fil=ax&itm=marshall&state=&ps=&pe=&ys=&ye=&so=d&submit=+GO+