Main Menu

I bought a Model T

Started by VOLVO))), August 21, 2011, 03:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO)))

That 8x10 is a little more robust than you think, despite it's weenie rating. Both those cabs are going to be powered by my Peavey poweramp/preamped by a Sansamp.

If they blow up, I guess they blow. I've been using that 2x15 for almost three years with a Beta lead for bass, then that poweramp for the passed couple weeks. Not a single hiccup.

I honestly don't think it'll blow like you think it will. I'm not pushing it with 3000W's or anything, it's getting 650@2 between two cabs, so I think it's spread evenly enough to not ruin it. I guess if it does, I go the 144 dollar speaker route you said? That or I get those celestions from Avatard.

And the Mission to Burma guy's Model T is WAY cleaner sounding than mine. I might need a retube/recap...
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

VOLVO)))

And im not running a shitfuckton of lowend. Its mostly midbass, especially now that im running the English Muff'n. With the mids dimed, and treble/bass at noon.

sent from Mortlock's mom's laptop...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Hey, you were the one asking about new drivers, I just gave yoou a heads up on the power rating, in case you thought it handled like an Ampeg (or even a Bugera) ;D

You can hook a Behringer head up to that puppy and max it out.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Hemisaurus on September 15, 2011, 03:48:20 PM
Hey, you were the one asking about new drivers, I just gave yoou a heads up on the power rating, in case you thought it handled like an Ampeg (or even a Bugera) ;D

You can hook a Behringer head up to that puppy and max it out.

You shut up.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Naw I'm serious, when I borrowed one in NC, I turned my gain WAY down, but in one of the punk bands, I played using this other kids rig, and it was an old 300W Behringer head (those buggers are like tanks) and a Peavey 810, sounded just fine for punk bass.

Jake

poop.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: SunnO))) on August 28, 2011, 11:13:19 PM

Where are the full size versions of these pics, need more detail.

VOLVO)))

Probably in my photobucket o.o

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

VOLVO)))

Nevermind, they're resized in PB, too.

I'll shoot some more, what're you tryin' to get a look at?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

The guts, and how many tagboards they're using.