Main Menu

post your rig of doom!

Started by matador_sound, October 11, 2011, 03:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitter

Oh, I know...  :D

I just can't justify it right now. If I were playing with people, or needed a live backup it'd be different. I really just need a 2nd amp for in house purposes as it gets colder. we'll see...  :-[
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

dunwichamps

Quote from: bitter end on October 17, 2011, 10:31:37 PM
Oh, I know...  :D

I just can't justify it right now. If I were playing with people, or needed a live backup it'd be different. I really just need a 2nd amp for in house purposes as it gets colder. we'll see...  :-[

i hear that and i just bought a new emperor i guess my weak justification is that I need it to test amps that i build

bitter

That's a good enough excuse  :D

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

NoSleepTilSleep

Quote from: dunwichamps on October 17, 2011, 10:26:09 PM
Quote from: bitter end on October 17, 2011, 10:23:16 PM
Fuck, I need to get a Hiwatt.

Thanks for the info man.

you can get em cloned from plenty of builders

Indeed, I managed to luck out and find a local dude unloading one for cheap or else I would have definitely gone the clone route.

VOLVO)))

Nick, or Herb, What'doyathink, if I were able to scrounge up the iron, chassis, and other vitals, would it cost to get a hand on somethin' simple along the lines of that hiwatt? Just the amp, no reverb, nothin'.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: SunnO))) on October 17, 2011, 10:52:04 PM
Nick, or Herb, What'doyathink, if I were able to scrounge up the iron, chassis, and other vitals, would it cost to get a hand on somethin' simple along the lines of that hiwatt? Just the amp, no reverb, nothin'.
You could steal the layout from Weber, haven't looked to see how close to the original it is.

Cost of me pasting the pic from Weber, no charge :)

dunwichamps

Quote from: SunnO))) on October 17, 2011, 10:52:04 PM

Webers are tad gainer than the originals they use a dual pre phase inverter MV and a PPIMV, if you dont give a fuck just omit the master volumes like the originals, and fuck that fucker to it bleeds

i heard some clips tho, its pretty nice sounding regardless. the one with 88s might be total doom

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

dunwichamps

Quote from: SunnO))) on October 17, 2011, 11:35:07 PM
Quote from: dunwichamps on October 17, 2011, 11:29:11 PM
Quote from: SunnO))) on October 17, 2011, 11:28:28 PM
Looks intimidating...

dont wimp out, grow a pair

Gonna grow me some money, honey?  ;D ;D

You gotta work hard for the money. So hard for the money

Talk to me about a head design, we can come up with something to fit your needs that you can build which I can design

Hemisaurus

Looks intimidating...
You could do the Sunn then, a bit less busy, actually if you subb'd in a bax stack on the pots, tge board would seem pretty empty.

dunwichamps

Quote from: Hemisaurus on October 18, 2011, 09:30:40 AM
Looks intimidating...
You could do the Sunn then, a bit less busy, actually if you subb'd in a bax stack on the pots, tge board would seem pretty empty.

I did that before, it sounds nice. 6s100 is an easy build in terms of noise,grounding, and oscillations.

Dr. Skeeter

Me playing live with mah band.

dogfood

Problem solving whiskey!

RAGER

MJS would argue that it is a waistcoat sir and should only be unbuttoned when sitting.
No Focus Pocus