Started by spookstrickland, October 24, 2011, 06:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO)))

I want an epiphone genesis or a scroll.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

I found you one last time you said that. Here you go one state over, guy has three of them.

http://batonrouge.craigslist.org/msg/2641440764.html

The Shocker

Damn did that guy knock over a pawn shop?

Sent from my fuckin phone using Tapatalk.

bitter

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

VOLVO)))

I didn't know Willard plays guitar...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

bitter

Yep, they're a two piece called  Y† Ra†   
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Metal and Beer

"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Jake

I've always loved the look and options available on the Reverend guitar line. Kind of like mashups of offset Fenders, SGs, semi-hollow Les Pauls, etc.

http://www.reverendguitars.com/reverend/guitars/set_neck_series.html
poop.

VOLVO)))

That V has the shittiest balance of all time.

Worse than a BC Rich Widow.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Freightshakin Bob loved his silver Sensei, 'til he bought his Les Paul.

MikeyT

Epiphone's alright. The Epi necks could be more subtly shaped. They're good for customizing.
How 'bout an Epiphone Tony Iommi SG ?  Those are pretty cool.

I really like the JHS Vintage Reissue VS6...
The stock pups sound good- especially the bridge pup. I'll try to find a decent vid for you.

'Seven doctors couldn't help my head,
They said, "You better quit, son, before you're dead".'

Chovie D

spook, you start alot of these kind of threads. Do you ever actualy get the item your asking about?

Dont get me wrong, I phantasize about gear too and love to talk aboot it, Im probably guilty of the same thing in some cases, just curious if these things ever become reality for you, or are we just going on for 5 pages of recommnedations for daydreaming purposes?

The Shocker

Lol, i'm the same way. If I spent half as much time practicing as I do fantasizing I'd be an excellent player as opposed to some dude that just noodles.

Sent from my fuckin phone using Tapatalk.

bass sic

Ill dream of buying a Greco LP for a few month's, then its off to dreaming about a Gretsch and then back to building a dream bass. If I ever acquire one of these I wonder if my gas will subside?

Hemisaurus

Quote from: bass sic on October 30, 2011, 01:38:41 PM
Ill dream of buying a Greco LP for a few month's, then its off to dreaming about a Gretsch and then back to building a dream bass. If I ever acquire one of these I wonder if my gas will subside?
I dunno, mine sort of just faded, without getting any of the gear I felt I had to have, I wonder if it maybe corresponded with me playing more, I can't really pinpoint when it just went.

Perhaps the cure for GAS is to play more, or play out more.

Chovie D

usually i can wait my GAS out. That said... Im off to find vexter probe pedals today and try em. :-[

Ranbat

Hemi, maybe it's because you work on a lot of gear? I know mine has dropped since I started buying stuff to resell.
Meh :/

TommyCop2

I bought a blemished SG heritage cherry Xaviere from Guitar Fetish.
I spent a $100 after I bought it to have the neck straightened and the frets fixed and the guitar brought up to snuff. It's a nice SG copy and better than my Epi SG Special. It is solid Mahogany, has nice PUPS, a set neck and bound rosewood fretboard. So for the buck forty I paid, plus the $100 I spent and I also added Wilkinson EZ Lock tuners for $25, I have very nice SG. :)

Lumpy

Do these non-Gibson SGs sound like Gibson SGs? I'm interested in a low budget SG, but not for the shape... for the sound. (big Alice Cooper fan... both guitar players played SGs)

I was at Guitar Center today and saw the Epiphone SG-400 (looked nice in cherry) and the SG Jr. (one pickup, the faded yellow one looked like it was made out of plastic). The 400 had nicely finished frets. I didn't want to touch the Jr, although I like the idea of one pickup, in theory.

So which of these lo-budget guitars sounds the most like a Gibson SG?
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

BrianDamage

Quote from: Lumpy on November 01, 2011, 09:42:25 PM
Do these non-Gibson SGs sound like Gibson SGs? I'm interested in a low budget SG, but not for the shape... for the sound. (big Alice Cooper fan... both guitar players played SGs)

I was at Guitar Center today and saw the Epiphone SG-400 (looked nice in cherry) and the SG Jr. (one pickup, the faded yellow one looked like it was made out of plastic). The 400 had nicely finished frets. I didn't want to touch the Jr, although I like the idea of one pickup, in theory.

So which of these lo-budget guitars sounds the most like a Gibson SG?

They also played gold top Les Pauls with p90's and Gretsch jets at different times.  Plus I am sure that there were other studio owned guitars used on recordings.
"My son Jack just got out of rehab, he's 17 years old and he got hooked on Oxycontin and I'm just a little pissed off that he never gave me a few."

Ozzy Osbourne - 2003

The Riffer

I have an early 200's SG400 custom shop model from Epi. Stock pickups even. Sounds fantastic, plays just as well. For 200 clams, it was a no brainer. Not quite as bright and cutting as my bro's Gibson sg custom, but damn close for 1/10th of the price.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

Mr. Foxen

Quote from: The Riffer on November 02, 2011, 08:38:08 PM
I have an early 200's SG400 custom shop model from Epi. Stock pickups even. Sounds fantastic, plays just as well. For 200 clams, it was a no brainer. Not quite as bright and cutting as my bro's Gibson sg custom, but damn close for 1/10th of the price.

Losing the stock pickups will sort that, think the stock ones went for output at the cost of high end, in a pretty crude way I think, hot but dull, you can get hot and lively with some nice ones.

xayk

Quote from: Lumpy on November 01, 2011, 09:42:25 PM

That's why I bought my white G400 Custom, to Buxton it up.  It plays nicely, but I'll swap out the pickups around Christmas time.  They don't sound awful, just... not great.

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.