anyone want to play shows in champaign, il?

Started by justinhedrick, January 07, 2011, 11:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinhedrick

want to play with my band crane and badger?

www.myspace.com/craneandbadger

thanks for looking!

dogfood

ok, listened to Body Bag For Two.  I'll keep my opinions to myself, or else I'd sound like mr albini critiquing a band that wished they could suck his dick.
Problem solving whiskey!

Hemisaurus

Never really been that impressed by Mr Albini, productions or musically.

I like my producers to actually do something on an album, add on some good sounding goop, rather than make it sound like it sounds.

Jack Endino, or on a lot of my favourite stuff of this genre, Billy Anderson.

giantchris

I like some of Albini's stuff but I gotta say I really hate the mix on the new Russian Circles album. 

justinhedrick

Quote from: dogfood on January 09, 2011, 02:35:32 AM
ok, listened to Body Bag For Two.  I'll keep my opinions to myself, or else I'd sound like mr albini critiquing a band that wished they could suck his dick.

i'm not pleased with the mix on that song. we recorded and mixed all of them in 5 hours. at the time we thought it sounded good, but as time wears on, there is no low-end and we recorded it too fast. also, that is really the one song in our set that doesn't sound like the rest. if you listen to "interstate alien", that is more our sound.

thanks for listening.

Hemisaurus

If you're in Champaign, you have access to a really cool guy in the form of Mark Rubel at Pogo Studios, he not only runs the studio, but teaches recording at Parkland and Millikin. Of course you are possibly like the rest of us, and recording yourselves due to the financial constraints, and that's cool.

The only riffrock (I love this term) band I know of in CU is Tummler and I think they don't play out much if atall just now cause they have kids and jobs and stuff. You might be able to trade gigs back and forth with some of the bands in Indianapolis, it's only a couple of hours away for you. We had one band drive down to STL to play with us from there.

Barnabas

Hook us up with Anvil Chorus, EKG, Clockwork Orange, Deputies, Latem... the we'll talk
I ain't shook.

justinhedrick

Quote from: Barnabas on January 10, 2011, 06:31:12 PM
Hook us up with Anvil Chorus, EKG, Clockwork Orange, Deputies, Latem... the we'll talk

aren't all those bands from the 80s? wasn't bob henn and krista in EKG? what was the lead guy's name in that band? last i knew he was making custom cabs in nashville or something?

also, tummler is broke up according to jay vance. but yes, they were awesome.

justinhedrick

Quote from: Hemisaurus on January 10, 2011, 02:03:42 PM
If you're in Champaign, you have access to a really cool guy in the form of Mark Rubel at Pogo Studios, he not only runs the studio, but teaches recording at Parkland and Millikin. Of course you are possibly like the rest of us, and recording yourselves due to the financial constraints, and that's cool.

The only riffrock (I love this term) band I know of in CU is Tummler and I think they don't play out much if atall just now cause they have kids and jobs and stuff. You might be able to trade gigs back and forth with some of the bands in Indianapolis, it's only a couple of hours away for you. We had one band drive down to STL to play with us from there.

what was the band called that you played with?