Main Menu

People these days.

Started by VOLVO))), March 01, 2012, 07:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake

I just realized Godflesh is on this bill. You need to get that amp sold.
poop.

VOLVO)))

You're fucking telling me! Nobody's biting. Trolls.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RAGER

Godflesh? No shit??  Dammit I'm way oot here on the best coast
No Focus Pocus

VOLVO)))

Yeah, so buy this fucking thing!

You won't believe what I have to replace it because it sounds better.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RAGER

Quote from: SunnO))) on March 02, 2012, 07:59:55 PM

i have some stuff on local CL and not a single fucking bite.  Is $125 too much for a 1979 MXR Micro Amp.  It works great and is just enough beat for it's age,
No Focus Pocus

The Shocker

Quote from: SunnO))) on March 02, 2012, 08:30:24 PM
Yeah, so buy this fucking thing!

You won't believe what I have to replace it because it sounds better.

So what is it?

VOLVO)))

Mississippi Marshall!

After it's makeover, you'll never know, though...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

grimniggzy

haha, nice.
much peavey love

inductorguitars

VOLVO)))

I owe you a proper beating for that, Eric.

EDIT: you've been downgraded to Eric with a C instead of a K.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

VOLVO)))

I really don't want to sell this head, I was amped up about it (pun intended,) but now I'm having regret before I do it. It's the only way I can get all my shit paid off, though... So, here's my plan... sell it. Pay off all my shit, get all of my cash squared for my MDF trip, then dig up another JCM800 for cheap, and put the tan cloth treatment to it, or just get another 800 and leave it the way it is...

My ultimatum here is...  Model T for sale or JCM800 for sale... I chose the 800. fuck.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

dunwichamps

Quote from: SunnO))) on March 05, 2012, 12:11:35 AM
I really don't want to sell this head, I was amped up about it (pun intended,) but now I'm having regret before I do it. It's the only way I can get all my shit paid off, though... So, here's my plan... sell it. Pay off all my shit, get all of my cash squared for my MDF trip, then dig up another JCM800 for cheap, and put the tan cloth treatment to it, or just get another 800 and leave it the way it is...

My ultimatum here is...  Model T for sale or JCM800 for sale... I chose the 800. fuck.

just buy an 8cm100 kit and clone it for 600

Lumpy

Quote from: RAGER on March 02, 2012, 08:30:27 PM

i have some stuff on local CL and not a single fucking bite.  Is $125 too much for a 1979 MXR Micro Amp.  It works great and is just enough beat for it's age,

Is there anything special about an older Micro Amp? Typical used price for an ordinary one is 50 bucks. If there is something special about an older one, put that info in your ad.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

neighbor664

Quote from: SunnO))) on March 03, 2012, 12:43:36 AM
I owe you a proper beating for that, Eric.

EDIT: you've been downgraded to Eric with a C instead of a K.

You've got that wrong. K or ck is the downgrade. C is the only proper spelling. Bonus points for a ch spelling.  ;-)

RAGER

Quote from: Lumpy on March 05, 2012, 01:15:08 AM

Is there anything special about an older Micro Amp? Typical used price for an ordinary one is 50 bucks. If there is something special about an older one, put that info in your ad.

Well the build quality is superior that's for sure.  A mid point booty-q od pedal is about 125 So I figure that's fair but apparently not. :-\
No Focus Pocus

Instant Dan

Quote from: dunwichamps on March 05, 2012, 01:11:16 AM
Quote from: SunnO))) on March 05, 2012, 12:11:35 AM

just buy an 8cm100 kit and clone it for 600

This or a Ceriatone.

VOLVO)))

Sounds like a proper option. Are the Ceriatone kits idiot proof?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

dunwichamps

Quote from: SunnO))) on March 05, 2012, 03:08:27 PM
Sounds like a proper option. Are the Ceriatone kits idiot proof?

Neither kit is idiot proof but I believe either can be built fairly easily

Weber is cheaper I believe but ceriatone better quality.

Could easily upgrade a Weber to nice quality shit, Tubes, Caps, Pots, Board, Transformers with Transformers and Tubes being key, with Pots, Caps and Board being secondary.

Demon Lung

I just destroyed on guitar for like an hour straight. Pure raunchy sludge

Chovie D

Quote from: RAGER on March 05, 2012, 02:19:35 PM
Quote from: Lumpy on March 05, 2012, 01:15:08 AM

Well the build quality is superior that's for sure.  A mid point booty-q od pedal is about 125 So I figure that's fair but apparently not. :-\

as a collector of pedals, Id pass at that price. not that its not a fair price, but its not a great price and that is not a very desireable pedal. if it were a 79 dynacomp youd have an easier sale

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

VOLVO)))

So, is a grand asking too much for this amp? Or are these people fucking retarded?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

bitter

I don't know what the going rate is on the 800 series currently. But I remember them always being kind of overpriced (comparatively speaking). 8 bills years back was the low rate for so so quality and up from there.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

VOLVO)))

"There logical reasons why you havent sold your amp
1.) power issues
2.) wiring issues
3.)not all original
4.)your price is ridiculous $1000
5.) no one wants to meet you in a parking lot with $1000 for an amp head no one is that dumb
6.)people know theres amp heads out there that would make yours sound like a dinky toy for 400-500
7.)you can buy a used marshall jcm 800 half stack for $600 completely working original cab etc no repairs
never been gigged or beat to the ground and thats a fact The deals are out there NOT JUST YOUR AMPHEAD
people would rather buy a halfstack marshall for half the price of what your asking or probably cheaper before they blow $1000
on some beat up amphead just because it says marshall go figure no one cares if its a 2203 800 the fact is its probably been runned to the ground/gigged/repaired everything is most likely not original
and your not gonna mention that. what if someone handed you $1000 for it then 2 days later they say amp doesnt work then what you gonna do youll have a big problem on your hands
because you kept things that were wrong from
them about the amp

im just saying ANYThiNG is POSSIBLE"

lololol my response:

"All things you mentioned could easily be ruled out if you came and checked it out. I'd be happy to pop it open and show you how wrong you are. If someone is selling jcm800 half-stacks for 600 bones, please direct me to them. Ill buy all of them. If you can't verify or prove any of this, you're pissing in the wind. I invite any of the people who have their doubts about this amp to cmon over, I'll go out and grab some beers for you, and we'll sit and talk amps. I'm a reasonable, level headed guy, and I'm ready to be proven wrong. If you can't do that, or you are a coward without a leg to stand on, hit me up anyway, and I'll buy you a consolation beer. My number is EIGHT FIVE ZERO FOUR FOUR FIVE ONE SIX ZERO NINE.

I never said a parking lot, or anything. I've got a place that you can come and crank this head until the cops come! I don't care! I don't think I can be any more accomdating and open. I always stick by things I sell, if it goes south, Ill help ya fix it, or have James at Class A Electronics fix it on my dime. I know it's hard to believe someone isn't out to screw you, but I'm not. Im sellin' a legitimate piece of flawlessly working equipment. Get at me."

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

bitter

Wow, whoever wastes their time typing that up to heckle sellers are wasting their time. If you don't want it fine, but don't drag it out to act smug.

People put less effort than that into setting up gangbangs on CL... Me? 8" Stacked. Where at? Ok I'll be there in 2 hours.

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan