Dumb Muff question

Started by hayseed, January 13, 2011, 02:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO)))

Boss HM-2 on bass is heavenly.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Metal and Beer

One point mentioned that's crucial is to try it with your band. Many, many bass fuzzes sound great-even with seemingly "enough" low end--by themselves but freqs. vanish in the cacophony of drums, other guits, etc.
  I liked the black Russians for the most part but using it through an Acoustic 370 I was able to boost enough low on the amp to make up for the subtraction from the box. I didn't know they were discontinued (and thus rising in value?) but yeah like Lumps said they were really cheap for a long time...
 The green Russians are badass (and expensive!), I'm gonna tackle a clone at some point soon...
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Hemisaurus

Quote from: Metal Dave on January 30, 2011, 09:35:08 PM
One point mentioned that's crucial is to try it with your band. Many, many bass fuzzes sound great-even with seemingly "enough" low end--by themselves but freqs. vanish in the cacophony of drums, other guits, etc.
  I liked the black Russians for the most part but using it through an Acoustic 370 I was able to boost enough low on the amp to make up for the subtraction from the box. I didn't know they were discontinued (and thus rising in value?) but yeah like Lumps said they were really cheap for a long time...
 The green Russians are badass (and expensive!), I'm gonna tackle a clone at some point soon...
Seeing as there is a lot of similarity between the circuits, not icl. the op-amp ones, couldn't you buy a cheaper one and just mod it, change cap values and transistor types?

eyeprod

^^ yeah, they're all just about the same. only dif is components, really. You can easily mod a black russian muff to your liking. Mine is a beast on bass. I could even tell you what I have in it if you're curious
CV - Slender Fungus