Main Menu

BYOC

Started by black_out, January 16, 2011, 01:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chovie D

I guess the art major in me really enjoyed the whole painting process, picking out special knobs (thats what she said) and doing the decals. You learn quickly not to use dark colors, to keep the design simple and not to spray too heavily, do multiple passes and all that. You can buy a solution that dissolves the edges of your water slide decals, but I never bothered. A couple coats of clear seemed to be enough to remove the decal edge effect for the most part. If you get too elaborate with your design it just doesnt read too well. Heres the old delay (still on my gigging pedalboard). Those are amanita mushrooms but from a distance it kind of reads like hamburgers.

Heres an amp selector pedal I made, "The Decider"...for some reason the decals got a little grainy on this one, i think my printer was kind of dying at this point. This pedal routes a bassman, showman and marshall to their respective cabinets so I dont have ton unlug anything to switch amp heads in my studio.

VOLVO)))

Chovie, I request that you take gutshots of some of your rare/vintage/self-built pedals, and post them in the guts thread, if you ever get bored enough to do so...
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Mike_Sims

The decider!!! haha, that was quality.

Lumpy

The Decider rules...
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Chovie D

Quote from: SunnO))) on January 28, 2011, 07:01:15 PM
Chovie, I request that you take gutshots of some of your rare/vintage/self-built pedals, and post them in the guts thread, if you ever get bored enough to do so...

What would you like to see? Heres a vintage Maestro fuzztone, as heard on "Satisfaction"

Heres what I am working on now, Mosrite fuzzrite. After considerable research, we (with the help of the mosrite forum) have determined the online schematics are incorrect. All thats missing is the pots and footswitch but the pots are a value no longer made so I will have to modify modern pot values with a couple resisitors.

Chovie D

phase 90, block logo in need of a toothbrushing

smallest A/B pedal possible? tight fit but very doable, easy to build.

Chovie D

tely ray ad-n-echo oil can delay. that little paint can looking thing is where the oil is. This still needs some work.
It works but could sound a little better I think. i have the replacement oil just havent gotten around to installing three prong chord and got badly shocked last time i unplugged it...haha.

control panel for an optigan(optical organ). you can see the plastic protector for the contacts has deteriorated beyond repair. I removed it , cleaned the contacts and did not replace the plastic with anything, it worked (works).