Naming my new stupid band

Started by beardofcthulhu, January 17, 2011, 09:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EddieMullet

Yes Pittsburgh is a bit cliquey.  But you're more than welcome to make the journey to the fine Ghetto of Aliquippa and do a show at The Fallout Shelter.  A fun place to play there's even a bowling alley upstairs so if the band sucks you can go bowl a few rounds.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: EddieMullet on January 26, 2011, 07:23:57 PM
Yes Pittsburgh is a bit cliquey.  But you're more than welcome to make the journey to the fine Ghetto of Aliquippa and do a show at The Fallout Shelter.  A fun place to play there's even a bowling alley upstairs so if the band sucks you can go bowl a few rounds.
I like it, so if my band sucks, I go upstairs and bowl  ;D they'll never miss me.

Talking of playing shows and bowling, anyone here remeber Fireside Bowl in Chicago?

hayseed

Quote from: EddieMullet on January 26, 2011, 07:23:57 PM

I have never been to that place in Aliquippa. Never knew they had shows in that town. I would invite you to Butler but there isn't shit here! The only thing that increase your chances of being noticed in this town is if your band name was "FREE HEROIN" and put up flyers all over town.

"We just want to make the walls cave in and the ceiling collapse. Music is meant to be played as loudly as possible, really raw and punchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." - BON SCOTT, AC/DC

beardofcthulhu

They have decided to name it...Mothership.  I'm not down with it.  Somebody please tell me there's a P-Funk tribute with this name.  It just don't jive with me at all.  And, I will keep that joint dahn there in Beaver County in mind.  Any bands I should look into hooking up with?
Peace through volume.

Lumpy

There's probably a Mothership in Beaver County that you could set up a show with.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

beardofcthulhu

I think Lumpy just /'d my thread.  Anyhoo, I found enough evidence that Mothership was a terrible choice, and that we should be focusing on writing material rather than plotting out the moichendising...though that is where the real money is made...
Peace through volume.

Chovie D

I was once in a band that chose a name I did not like. I learned that it is a dealbreaker for me if I dont like the band name because I could never tell anyone the name of the band or promtoe it or be proud of it with that stupid fucking name and not wince, and in the end, I ended up resenting and hating the other band members for insisting on such a moronic name (and because they were idots who did things like booking us at a comedy club). ever follow a comedian? holy shit I wanted to kill everyone in the club

beardofcthulhu

I'm with you on that one Chovie.  I don't need to have to most brootal and grymmest name in the land, but for fuck's sake.  If I'm writing the songs, I'm naming the band.  And it's not going to be something happy like Mothership.  Beard of Cthulhu sounds better everytime I say it.....
Peace through volume.

EddieMullet

If you're coming to Beaver County Downfall is the band you should hook up if you're into the Crowbar Eyehategod sort of thing.

Not much else really here, lots of shitty punk bands and mall metal, but The Fallout Shelter treats bands good and the booze and food are reasonably priced, they have this sub they make with a pizza shell instead of a bun that totally rules.

beardofcthulhu

Downfall is still around?!  Christ, I think I played a show with them like 10 years ago..
Peace through volume.

EddieMullet

That would be them, they're still around.  Being you're in Butler is there still a band called Blindside kicking about?

beardofcthulhu

<--Former bass player for Blindside..lol  We gave it up in 99.  I had a band after that with Tony Snow, who was blindside's singer, and we went about it for about 5 years, but unfortunately he died of a heart attack about 6 years ago.  Didn't do much after that.  I had a band going with a couple of the guys from Doomsayer for a while, and that didn't pan out.  I helped Ryan (Hayseed) get Ten Pound Sledge started, and did a few years with them..since then, I haven't done shit.  You were in Superfudge or something, weren't you Mullet?  I know we talked before, but I couldn't remember which band you were involved in...small world.
Peace through volume.

EddieMullet

Yep that was me in Superfudge, that was so long ago. Hell when you get your band together and I get mine we should do some shows. I've since switched to guitar after playing bass for years because the last band I was in couldn't find a guitar player.

Ranbat

Quote from: beardofcthulhu on January 26, 2011, 11:15:54 PM
They have decided to name it...Mothership.  I'm not down with it.  Somebody please tell me there's a P-Funk tribute with this name.  It just don't jive with me at all.  And, I will keep that joint dahn there in Beaver County in mind.  Any bands I should look into hooking up with?

There's already a Mothership and they were signed to A&M I think. So, if you really hate the name, you can torpedo that real quick. And it was a Black Crowes wanna be with two chicks leading it instead of two brothers.
Meh :/

beardofcthulhu

And there's the ace in the hole I've been looking for.  thanks a million Ran.
Peace through volume.