How many Tele players we got?

Started by Ranbat, April 27, 2012, 10:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hazmat33

Partscasters are my new obsession. Here's 2, working on #3.
The bound one is a squire Classic Vibe Custom body with a huge Mark Jenny neck and upgraded bridge/electronics.

Jake

That paisley Tele looks badass. I would make love to it.

Here's some pics of my newly aquired Squier Classic Vibe Tele Custom. Some of you guys are going to hate this, but I just finished a medium relic. Honestly, I was just going to coax some of the poly off of it, but I was having a lot of fun playing around w/ diff't techniques, I just couldn't stop myself. Ordered a Seymour Duncan Antiquity HB for the neck. Speaking of necks, I did not do any aging on it because I will probably get a chunkier neck w/ a maple board sometime soon.

(Last pic has the HB photoshopped in.)
poop.

hazmat33

Jake,
That partscaster I have above is a squire cvc body. I picked up a Mark Jenny neck for it, about the chunkiest I could find. Even has the fender logo on it.

Care to share your relic techniques? I know there's a few different ways to do.

Thx from Yompton!
Matt

Jake

Your Teles are gorgeous. Thanks for the scoop. That looks exactly like the sort of neck I want to put on there.

I understand this can be quite a polarizing topic, but I love the look and feel of them now. To me, it's a lot like buying new jeans that are pre-faded/pre-worn looking versus the untreated, stiff, indigo denim ones. It's really not a big deal. And I won't lie, it was a very fun project for me to do on a couple of inexpensive guitars.

I've only done 1.5 guitars, so I'm really no expert in the least. I've just kind of gleen what I can from gear forums and youtube videos. The trickiest part I suppose is working with poly finishes. They can be quite thick and intimidating. I got the courage to take a sander to a guitar after reading this thread: http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/epiphone-les-pauls/17007-dulling-poly-finished-guitars-pic-heavy.html It's a lot of average Joes who made their poly finishes look fantastic. It's really worth going through all 27 or so pages to see all the before/after shots. Huge differences.

To simulate the cracked nitro, I just drag a razor blade over the finish and rub in some brown shoe polish. The dents and dings are just dropping the body onto my gravel driveway a couple of times – I try not to beat it with screwdrivers, etc. too much if I can. Although I scrape it pretty good w/ whatever I can find for the buckle rash. The hardware was aged with muriatic acid fumes. It's cheapo Squier chrome, so instead of 20 minutes like nice nickel, it took 36 hours. Scuffing it with a Scotch brite pad first helps it too. Scuffed and shoe polished the pickguard on this one as well.

PS - Here's another link I found helpful:  http://www.reranch.com/reranch/viewtopic.php?t=9079&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
poop.

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Instant Dan

That Paisley and Squier CVC is giving me some serious GAS.

Worthless Willie

What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith

grimniggzy

i'm down with the relic. looks cool.

Worthless Willie

Yeah, that black and grey paisley looks nice.  Want.
What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith

RacerX

Maybe it's the quality of the photo, but the "paisley" looks more like a fractal. Very digital looking.
Livin' The Life.