Does Anybody Still Care?

Started by clockwork green, January 31, 2011, 02:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giantchris

Quote from: Jor el on January 31, 2011, 10:34:04 PM

I have always loved the Jam Room.
I lurk, rather than post, because I don't know that I really have anything to add. You people have the knowledge - and your sharing of it is greatly appreciated.

^^^^
Same I lurked on the old forum trying to post more now to try to keep it going. 

But I have jammed with a guy and played one of those Electrical Guitar Co. all aluminum basses and it was phenominal.  It was a little heavy (like I care I'm 6'6") but the neck was sweet and the tone was amazing.  It seemed to have a really deep and full range sound and the sustain was absurd.  It reminded me of almost like a juiced 4001.  It also balanced perfect and the guy said it essentially never went out of tune.

beardofcthulhu

I've been playing guitar and bass for a long fucking time.  the closest I've ever come to tonal greatness was the Sunn concert bass head I picked up for next to nothing...blew my Ampeg right the fuck up with that thing.  Nowadays, I get to play a Marshall JCM2000 once a week, and that excites me.  It shouldn't, but it does.  In my world, being a grownup means I don't get to buy myself toys anymore.  Sad, but true.  Love the discussions here though. 
Peace through volume.

Baltar

Good to see you on here Clockwork Green.  You've been an endless source of info over the years.  I just got introduced to Blues Creation, Frumpy, and Mariani.  It's 2010 and I'm just hearing about these bands!  youtube 'em if you haven't yet.

I'm personally in a better place now, having moved to Barrie, Ontario.  I'm not making more money than I did in Detroit but, I don't have to worry about health-care.  I also was lucky enough to bump into a cool guy with lot's of vintage gear and he's a great drummer. Garnet P.A., Traynor bass and guitar rigs, Hammond B3, 3 Leslie cabs.  Just totally unreal.

I had to sell my Sunn Sceptre stack to get a new truck but I built up a killer 4x10 guitar cab and re-housed my Dentone Marshall Supafuzz/MKII clone, and my Ronsound Hairpie TriMuff.
Managed to get a Thomas Fucking Organ Crybaby for $50 last summer and modded it out.

The scene has shrunk a little I think, but it still lives.  Keep your heads up true believers!

Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.