Diet Food :(

Started by mertz, March 18, 2012, 04:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mertzy

I won't lose my tits in a month...I better not!

JemDooM

I tried to do a 'diet' a couple of weeks ago, in order to detox my body and give it a rest for a day.....never again...

I had organic porridge made with water, soya milk and a banana...

home made organic broccoli soup...

lots and lots of freshly made lemon tea....

and by 4pm I had a painful headache (never get headaches) and crawled home from work an hour early, made a MASSIVE cheese mayo sandwich with thickly cut tiger bread and ate it in this crazed monstrous way while at the same time getting undressed and into bed, I curled up into a ball and went to sleep feeling horrible, still felt grim when I woke up too, had a massive pesto pasta and a few beers to perk myself up ;)

Iv always said your metabolism is a like a fire, the more you feed it the stronger and healthier it is, its just that you should feed it with lots of good food and very little rubbish, being very active helps too....
DooM!

Lumpy

Quote from: JemDooM on May 02, 2013, 05:32:33 PM
I tried to do a 'diet' a couple of weeks ago, in order to detox my body and give it a rest for a day.....never again...

I had organic porridge made with water, soya milk and a banana...

home made organic broccoli soup...

lots and lots of freshly made lemon tea....

and by 4pm I had a painful headache (never get headaches) and crawled home from work an hour early, made a MASSIVE cheese mayo sandwich with thickly cut tiger bread and ate it in this crazed monstrous way while at the same time getting undressed and into bed, I curled up into a ball and went to sleep feeling horrible, still felt grim when I woke up too, had a massive pesto pasta and a few beers to perk myself up ;)

Iv always said your metabolism is a like a fire, the more you feed it the stronger and healthier it is, its just that you should feed it with lots of good food and very little rubbish, being very active helps too....

Sounds like there wasn't enough calories that day (virtually none in broccoli).

To nobody in particular... I am hardly an expert on diets, but instead of going on a temporary diet that's very restrictive, you're better off making small, gradual changes that you can stick with indefinitely (in other words, lifestyle changes). Like putting skim milk in your coffee instead of cream. It's better to lose weight slowly, so that your metabolism doesn't slow down in response to a drastic cut in calories. The idea of temporary diets (I'm just gonna eat cabbage soup for the next 2 weeks) doesn't make any sense.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

JemDooM

I don't feel the need to diet or detox usually because I'm vegetarian, buy mostly organic, use a lot of soya alternatives to dairy (don't drink cows milk at all) and I avoid caffeine, but the day I decided to detox was when I had just read about how fasting once in a while rests your body, all I discovered was that it actually causes your body stress in my experience, never again, I reckon the more you eat, the more goodness your fitting in....

My diet is loosely based around the anti-inflammatory diet, which means massively cutting down on bad fats, salt, sugar, caffeine, dairy and alcohol (I ignore that last one because you cant do it all) and eating loads of foods high in anti oxidants and omega's, I do pretty well apart from cheese and alcohol, this is after much research on slowing down ageing, trying to prevent disease and I have IBS...

**currently scoffing an easter egg** :x
DooM!

RAGER

All things in moderation is how I try to do it.  If I have toast in the morning I don;t have bread with dinner.  If I have bacon for breakfast, I donlt have pork chops for dinner or bacon again for a week.  If I have a dessert, I probably won't have dessert for a few days.  that sort of thing.  My weakness' like you are cheese and beer/wine.  I don,t drink much hard alcohol but I do love beer (German) and I do love me some red/white/bubbly.

I figure I'm kind of doing it right since I'm not overweight and don;t have a big beer belly.  Just got a bum ticker I gotta be careful aboot.
No Focus Pocus

Soundgardenia

I'm going to start taking hydroxycut next week and see how that works... Been losing weight lately but i want to speed up the process (for bikini reasons)..
I should just get my thyroid checked because I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with it, but I'll take a look at it once I get decent health insurance.
I could play Stairway to Heaven when I was twelve... Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two... I think that says quite a lot..

RAGER

Before and after pics?
No Focus Pocus

Soundgardenia

Only after *if* the results are good.
I could play Stairway to Heaven when I was twelve... Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two... I think that says quite a lot..

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Soundgardenia

That crap really makes you lose your appetite, it even wins against weed! I like it so far!

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Soundgardenia

Nopes, not yet! But I'm losing the double chin and getting my jaw line back! :)

MikeyT

Quote from: Soundgardenia on May 03, 2013, 12:30:21 PM
Only after *if* the results are good.

I'm pretty sure the results will be very good. We'll be waiting for those pics... no hurry, just post them when you're ready.  8)
'Seven doctors couldn't help my head,
They said, "You better quit, son, before you're dead".'