Five Guys Burgers and Fries

Started by VOLVO))), August 27, 2012, 10:09:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I,Galactus

Quote from: RAGER on December 07, 2012, 11:29:57 AM
Quote from: mortlock on December 06, 2012, 11:03:06 PM
he did say it was just down the block from him in a vacant building. cant get more local than that..

Do I actually have to specify that I meant "locally owned"

Depends, does morty actually have to specify every use of sarcasm?
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

RAGER

Yes and a PM also in case I miss it the first time.
No Focus Pocus

MadJohnShaft

Some days chickens, some days feathers

neighbor664

I really don't understand why McDonalds ever needs to build another store ever again. Don't they already have one every mile in every populated area? For fuck sakes, how many do they need?

mutantcolors

I directly attribute the closing of one of the most delicious, and all time favorite quickie burger joints in Boise to the opening of a 5 Guys down the street. Twice the cost for half the quality! Awesome!

socket

I stand by my opinion... 5 guys is good but nothing special.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

Pissy

The Beacon in Spartanburg SC.

This is a pork sandwich a-plenty.  there's a sandwich under there.  The best burgers anywhere.

Zips in the Spokane WA area is pretty damn awesome too.

Here in Charlotte there's a few but my favorite is South 21

Then there's Zacks

The Penguin has been popular, but a nasty ownership war ensued after the tennants that built it up were ousted once their lease was up.  Now they are coasting on the name recognition from that damn Guy Fieri show.  There was a massive uproar due to the perceived greed of the owners.  Apparently they were looking to franchise.

Vinyls.   deal.

GodShifter

When I lived in Spokane, I always thought Zips burgers were "meh", but they had the best fish and fries. I'd go about once a week to get an order of those. They were so good. In fact, everything they made was great but their burgers, imo.

mutantcolors

Seriously, fuck Zips. Tastes like Mickey D's, only it costs more.

Pissy

Damn. I liked em. It has been a few years.

Although as I sit here, I distinctly recall how good their fries were.  Can't say I remember the burgers so much beyond an In-N-Out style now that I think of it.

I do remember I liked the place overall though.
Vinyls.   deal.

I,Galactus

I solved Five Guys' problem over the weekend:

Got a big ol' grease bag o' burgers and fries to-go, then swung by Braum's for milkshakes.

VICTORY
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

GodShifter

Braums = fail, on so many levels, bro.

I,Galactus

Quote from: GodShifter on January 21, 2013, 02:57:16 PM
Braums = fail, on so many levels, bro.

:-[

Differing definitions of achievement I s'pose.  Despite my personal affinity for the place, I sha'nt defend my actions.  However, I will advise you not to besmirch said institution if'n you find yourself in central Oklahoma (as it has it's roots in Tuttle).  Liable to find yourself gettin' strung up.

That being said, I believe the course of action holds true if you find yourself in a similar situation (i.e. enjoying Five Guys' product but finding their lack of milkshakes disturbing).  Merely implement the dairy dessert beverage provider of your choosing.

GodShifter

Heh, Braums is okay for a milkshake if you're in a pinch for one, I suppose. Overall, I find their fare to be of substandard quality, but I see what you're getting at. You make do with what you've got.

Just yankin' your chain a bit  :)

I,Galactus

Quote from: GodShifter on January 21, 2013, 04:25:58 PM
Heh, Braums is okay for a milkshake if you're in a pinch for one, I suppose. Overall, I find their fare to be of substandard quality, but I see what you're getting at. You make do with what you've got.

Just yankin' your chain a bit  :)

Dagnabit!  Yanked again!   ;)