Blood Ceremony - Living with the Anceints

Started by peoplething, June 11, 2011, 08:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peoplething

This album is not about moving in with Shaft.

This album is about a great sophomore release from Blood Ceremony. I know Doomantia has a review for it, but this album is significantly better than the first one, all the way around, so I figured I'd let you folks know. The band is way more directed and focused, and definitely have more chops than on the first. The production and mix is extremely improved this time around. On that first album, I seem to lose an entire channel from time to time. Not the case on Living with the Ancients.

I'm only on the second listen, but I don't hear much, if any, filler. All the songs have the usual fuzzed out doom riffs, but O'Brien really keeps you interested with her flute and keys. And the interplay between her and Kennedy on guitar really sounds like they're having a blast. The whole band has come a long way since the first album - definitely check it out if you dug the first one at all.

If you're on the fence, track down the last song 'Daughter of the Sun', you won't be disappoint

"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

CanookieWookie

Damocles74

I d/l the amazon mp3 album to my android phone when it came out, and just remembered to order the (purple) vinyl yesterday ;D

There is another band on Rise Above called "Purson" that seems very similar....

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Amon-Duul-II/184967038234745?sk=info#!/pursontheband?sk=app_19507961798

The dude even has them covered :P

Redditor Lucis Aeternae

CanookieWookie

Thanks for the link. Purson sounds pretty good aswell.