Black Pyramid II

Started by CanookieWookie, December 06, 2011, 06:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanookieWookie

This is a pretty damn good record.  Much better than the first.  I actually like Andys vocals much better and the music is a notch above the first. 

Its too bad most people will ignore it because of Dingers meltdown.

Damocles74

If that is the reason people ignore this masterpiece, then you weren't a fan to begin with.

II

Awesome \m/
Redditor Lucis Aeternae

GodShifter

Gee, how did that "unmastered" version make it to Youtube I wonder,  ??? ::)

CanookieWookie

Who cares.  It really is a good album.

Demon Lung

its not all that. it sounds like it wants to be high on fire and goatsnake

CanookieWookie

I never said it was all that.  However it is a good album and one worth checking out. 

BTW -- who cares if it sounds like this or that, everyband nowadays sounds like some other band.

grimniggzy

Quote from: Demon Lung on December 07, 2011, 12:04:29 PM
its not all that. it sounds like it wants to be high on fire and goatsnake

It is all that yet it is also not all that.

Isabellacat

I don't like the vocals, but that is a nice riff.

Isabellacat

Quote from: Damocles74 on December 06, 2011, 07:37:06 PM
If that is the reason people ignore this masterpiece, then you weren't a fan to begin with.

II

Awesome \m/

On second thought...the vocals are actually not that bad after a second listen. This song is kinda catchy and I like the riffs.

grimniggzy

glad your inner self made peace with the vocals ;D

libertycaps

Cool guitar tone, but i liked this band better when they were called GOATSNAKE. The vox was alot better then too.

CanookieWookie

Silly.

Like you can tell me most, if not all of the bands nowadays are original? 

Jor el

I cannot wait for Dinger 2.0's first post.
What Would Scooby Do ?

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

Metal and Beer

Quote from: Jor el on December 26, 2011, 12:56:52 PM

I cannot wait for Dinger 2.0's first post.

It's gonna be a minute
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

VOLVO)))

If the new material is anything like Darryl's other shit, I'll be happy. I'm also kind of anxious to see what he does to the older songs, I really dig the dude's voice, hopefully he doesn't have to try and follow how Andingy did it, I want his patterns over those songs...
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Damocles74

I would like to see some samples of Darryl playing. Maybe there are some youtube vids? I don't know who he is?
Redditor Lucis Aeternae

GodShifter

Yeah you do, Damocles.

He's scarab cadaver from sr.com and The Obelisk.

He's been in Milligram, Roadsaw, Hackman, and, most recently, Blackwolfgoat (among other things).

Metal and Beer

"Dr.Doom: I see that you are half a step from announcing the new band member! All I have is a first name so would you care introducing the new band member and give a small bio?

Clay: We were fortunate enough to collaborate with Darryl Shepard. He's a long time Boston musician and has played with bands like Hackman, Roadsaw, Milligram, Slapshot and his own one-man group, Blackwolfgoat. After one jam session with him, it was like a weight had been lifted off our shoulders and there was light at the end of the tunnel. Jamming with him is an entirely different experience. Things are sounding heavier but the atmosphere between everyone is so much lighter now."

Damocles74

Quote from: GodShifter on December 27, 2011, 12:29:24 AM
Yeah you do, Damocles.

He's scarab cadaver from sr.com and The Obelisk.

He's been in Milligram, Roadsaw, Hackman, and, most recently, Blackwolfgoat (among other things).

I know that name but...I don't post there anymore (I somehow thought it would be better here - live and learn), so I'm not really familiar with his ouvre. I don't have a PC and it's impossible to navigate youtube with Androidâ„¢
Redditor Lucis Aeternae

Metal and Beer

I was wondering why you publicly quit that board and not this one, I thought you must've gotten 'em mixed up. Anyway, Scaryl is a good replacement in my view, I suppose we'll find out eventually

Damocles74

^ I know that you are the big guy that makes a p bass look like a ukelele ;D
Redditor Lucis Aeternae