Al Cisneros Dismas/Version 45 '012/Terea Of Avila/Levitation Dub 45 '013

Started by SabbathJeff, April 02, 2013, 07:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SabbathJeff

Picked both these up as they were made aware to me, and thought to review the two as a pair.

Dismas/Version was out last year, and Teresa Of Avila/Levitation Dub dropped a short time ago.  Al's playing and sound have profoundly impacted my life, and I wanted to hear what the man had to say.

Both 45's b-side sound very similar to the a-side, just a continuation on the riff, slightly altered, yet still the same sound.  Dismas is super chill, Version is super chill, Teresa of Avila is super chill, and yes, Levitation Dub is super chill.  Al is a super talented bassist which is awesome, and his sound has changed through the years to be sure, but he's always had a great tone when he's done it, and these poly-rhythmic raga-infused chant-dubbed bass-driven odd instrument-supported pieces of wax are really interesting to know the full range of music Al has come through, and fucking invented, so far.  Dismas and its b-side have chant dubs permeating through the grooves; Teresa of Avila and Levitation Dub are instrumental. 

I enjoy the atmosphere on both, listening on decent speakers makes it very relaxing on the senses, the introductions to the fade-outs...and that lovely space in-between. 

Support the stoner rock - listen to vinyl

Burn Everything Ash

Cinders Smolder Life

Fresh Crop Harvest

Eat. Sleep. Stonerrock.

kojak

I want this. Im seeing OM tomorrow night maybe itll be at the merch table.