Shit, ABC cancelled The Assets

Started by MadJohnShaft, January 14, 2014, 10:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadJohnShaft

After two episodes they are not going to air the remaining 6 of this spy themed miniseries. It wasn't great but I was committed. Shit.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

The Bandit

I never heard of it despite getting EW, watching a shit ton of TV and going to all the TV review/recap websites.  Probably why it was cancelled.

MadJohnShaft

Yeah, ABC did a clandestine job of this thing. If you're going to have a limited 8 episode mini-series run at least let it play out - I think because this was supposed to be one of the the lead-in shows to get people to watch the promos for the Olympics they want to put The Shark Tank show on to get an audience inplace.

They could edit it to brighten it up a little and bring it back as a summer event.

giantchris

I've never even heard of this series but I'd recommend The Americans on FX if you like spy stuff.

MadJohnShaft

Yeah - it's a total Americans rip off that didn't work out.   They could at least put that shit on their App.

MadJohnShaft

So ABC is going to air episode 3 of this show - because if you watched episodes 1 and 2 back in January you will watch this on Saturday night half a year later.

MadJohnShaft

That was too easy so now you get to catch the last four episodes at 4pm on a Sunday at the end of the month and then again in August.  Why does anybody watch network TV anymore.