Guardians of the Galaxy

Started by Jor el, August 01, 2014, 02:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

The Shocker

Taking Drew Sunday when most of the folks around here are in church.  I can't fucking wait.

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

MadJohnShaft

My 14 year old went to the 10:45am show and gives it an excellent.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

mortlock

the movie is, dare I say it, the best marvel movie to date. I may have predicted that awhile back. fun, funny, killer action, but not over done. great attention to details. its def a movie you need to see a few times to catch all the subtle shit.

small spoiler..

it seems nova is coming..

loved the line about Jackson Pollack..im sure that went over most peoples heads in the movie..

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

The Shocker

The Shocker

Watched it again today.  Even better the second time!

Jor el

Goddammit.
I was thinking I was crazy because I want to see it again.
What Would Scooby Do ?

The Shocker

Quote from: Jor el on August 05, 2014, 08:30:00 PM

Goddammit.
I was thinking I was crazy because I want to see it again.

I am not a comic book (or comic book movie) guy and watching it a 2nd time helped me understand the mythology. Took my son with me again and he fucking loves it too.

Arzgarth

Took my six year old son the first time.  Loved it so much I went and saw it again two days later with the missus.  Now I'm listening to the soundtrack on spotify.
I'm really mad and I'm really old

Jor el

This mmooovie has hit me, at my advanced age, in the same way Star Wars did way back in my childhood times.
What Would Scooby Do ?

The Shocker

I was disappointed when my son got Star Wars toys today instead of Guardians toys.

mortlock

Quote from: The Shocker on August 06, 2014, 07:08:18 PM
I was disappointed when my son got Star Wars toys today instead of Guardians toys.
is it disrespectful to say that episode 7 has to live up to guardians and not the other way around..?? i mean star wars wrote the book on space adventures..
it boils down to whos the badder badass. peter quill or han solo.
my money is on solo..

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

Lumpy

Quote from: Jor el on August 06, 2014, 11:03:06 AM

This mmooovie has hit me, at my advanced age, in the same way Star Wars did way back in my childhood times.

You're Welcome ®
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

mortlock

Quote from: Jor el on August 09, 2014, 01:35:44 AM

Rocket or Han Solo

rocket trumps solo. i don't recall han having the bomb making knowledge that rocket has..

The Shocker

Why is the Star Wars series on such a pedestal anyway?  Two great movies out of six?  Hell, there are more good movies in the Friday the 13th series.

boltthrow

liked it a lot.  the raccoon could've been funnier.  groot was great.  FX astonishing as always in a Marvel movie. 

Bautista (Drax) had the best line: care to guess which one it was?

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

The Shocker

I liked when he called the chick a whore, but the line that got the most laughs was the one about nothing going over his head.

amadkins

Quote from: The Shocker on August 09, 2014, 09:06:39 AM
Why is the Star Wars series on such a pedestal anyway?  Two great movies out of six?  Hell, there are more good movies in the Friday the 13th series.

Because the two good ones are two of the best 10 ever.

Jor el

Ez should be stopping by shortly to tell us how epic the comic is and that the mmmoovie would've been better had it exactly followed the epic comic because of how epic it is.
What Would Scooby Do ?

gritty_fingers

I finally got to see it and I enjoyed it. I prefer the Avengers over this one personally but this is pretty good.

EDIT: I didn't expect to see Howard the Duck in this film. I still have memories of the 80s film killing off the character.
"Ginger People"