Guardians of the Galaxy

Started by Jor el, August 01, 2014, 02:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylan Thomas

Watched it with the little lady last night.  It was fun...
The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

GodShifter

Walked oot after 20 minutes. I could see where it was going and the going wasn't good.

Jor el

Ha Ha

Take it to the movies you've walked oot of thread.
What Would Scooby Do ?

MichaelZodiac

Jor El got me all excited with the Star Wars thing so my expectations were too high (so was I). Nonetheless I liked it. Might need to see it again on slow day off with lower expectations.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

Dylan Thomas

Quote from: MichaelZodiac on August 19, 2014, 02:32:45 PM
Jor El got me all excited with the Star Wars thing so my expectations were too high (so was I). Nonetheless I liked it. Might need to see it again on slow day off with lower expectations.

Yeah, certainly not Star Wars, though really entertaining.  I liked it a lot better than Avengers for sure.

I realized something really interesting and a bit ironic - in stark contrast to all the Kevin Bacon/Footloose hero worship going on in this movie, this was written by the same guy who made the movie Super, which featured Kevin Bacon as the slimy drug dealer uber-bad guy.  Mind = blown
The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

doomlord666

this movie was way goofy but i liked it for some reason anyway.

a racoon and a walking tree? mofo's must've been real high.

The Shocker

Super is very underrated in my book.

black

Finally saw this and really enjoyed it.
And I wasn't even on the grass.
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

Danny G

This was playing on the TV at a rehearsal in a friends living room

I had no idea what the hell was going on.

Play play play glance: one group of brings trying to convince another group of beings from killing yet another group of beings

Play play play glance up: space ships n shit

Play play play glance up: more beings trying to convince another group of beings not to kill a diff set of beings

Play play play glance: more space ships n shit

Play play play glance: more beings etc, more spaceships etc

Guess I need to actually watch the movie haha
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

Lumpy

It's fun, and the dialogue is snappy. I saw it on an airplane though, so all the special effects were pretty much useless.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.