Girls - the worst show ever made

Started by MadJohnShaft, January 18, 2013, 11:17:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadJohnShaft

Have you tried to watch this bullshit?  Holy lord this show is just horrible.  Do not let 20 year olds turn their blogs into TV. 
Some days chickens, some days feathers

The Shocker

I hate watch it while I am posting here. Can't tell if it is good or not so I keep half watching.

Instant Dan

I finally watched a few episodes this past-weekend. It should be called White Girl Problems.

It definitely highlights what NYC has become, a playground for the rich and kids being funded by their parents. For one of the most diverse cities in the  world, you don't see much diversity but maybe that is the point. To show the narrow view of the character's worlds.

A lot of girls on FB who worshiped Sex and the City seemed to now like this more.

Allison Williams and Zoshia Mamet are banging.

boltthrow

It's a terrifically entertaining show.  Lena Dunham is a real find.  Adam Driver is too.  The scene of Lena dancing by herself in her bedroom at the end of episode 2 or 3 in the first season was one of the sweetest things I've ever seen.

peoplething

I had absolutely no idea this show existed.

color me surprised.
"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

The Bandit

Quote from: boltthrow on January 18, 2013, 02:18:03 PM
It's a terrifically entertaining show.  Lena Dunham is a real find.  Adam Driver is too.  The scene of Lena dancing by herself in her bedroom at the end of episode 2 or 3 in the first season was one of the sweetest things I've ever seen.

His real name is Adam and his name on the show is Adam?  Mind blown!

I did like how he pissed on her in the first season.  David Mamet's daughter's character is my favorite.  She is so weird.

And while I appreaciate that Lena Dunham gets naked, I don't want to see that shit.  Heavy/fat chicks with little tits is a crime against humanity.

Jor el

No way is it as good as Duck Dynasty.
What Would Scooby Do ?

boltthrow

I actually think Lena has some nicely conical tits for being chubby. 

Just like The Bandit.

BAAAAAM!!

MadJohnShaft

This is why you will be the first to die

Everyone that knows anything despises this awful show, there is no redemption.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

Baltar

It looks awful and boring. One of the girls is Simon Kirke's daughter.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

juggernaut

Quote from: Baltar on January 22, 2013, 06:46:50 PM
It looks awful and boring. One of the girls is Simon Kirke's daughter.

It is awful and boring.  None of the characters are likeable in any way.

The Shocker

boltthrow

The Shocker

I thought the scene where she had the big fight with Donald Glover was brilliantly written.  Watching the show, I never feel like the main cast are playing anything other than themselves.  People might not like the show (and I'm not sure I do), but it is well acted and written. I think it is just a really small slice of life that is even more foreign to people than the douches on Jersey Shore.

Crutch

It's so hard to be a rich white girl living in Brooklyn....

...My girlfriend likes the show. It's not complete shit, but it's not all that funny. Adam Driver is the best part of the show, he really plays that part perfectly. Hannah and the rest just seem vacuous and shallow. It's Sex and the City go to Williamsburg.

I'll take Veep instead.
I will show you the life of the mind.

juggernaut

Quote from: Crutch on January 29, 2013, 06:07:57 PM
It's so hard to be a rich white girl living in Brooklyn....

...My girlfriend likes the show. It's not complete shit, but it's not all that funny. Adam Driver is the best part of the show, he really plays that part perfectly. Hannah and the rest just seem vacuous and shallow. It's Sex and the City go to Williamsburg.

I'll take Veep instead.

That's the most accurate and succinct description I've seen about this show.  It's sex and the city goes to Williamsburg.

fallen

I think it's really well acted and written and is a painfully accurate depiction of how 22-something year old people act. The problem is that 20 somethings aren't especially likeable.

I don't know if it's that fun a show to watch because it's all such a train wreck but it does feel authentic. Move out at 18 or 19, go to the nearest big city, rent an apartment with someone you knew from your home town, get drunk and act like an asshole, work some shitty day job...

deleted account

just finished season 2.  can only binge watch while housesitting.

I love Lena's body.  Rubenesque

GodShifter

Quote from: priest on April 26, 2015, 02:29:06 PM
just finished season 2.  can only binge watch while housesitting.

I love Lena's body.  Rubenesque

She certainly looks like she's eaten a ton of them.

deleted account

I don't know about "a ton", but certainly "her fair share".

she's (at least through the first 2 seasons) dancing the edge of a bit too much baby fat and pleasantly plump

GodShifter

She's cool & I enjoyed her in "Tiny Furniture". I haven't seen much of "Girls" tbh

deleted account

haven't seen Tiny Furniture.  Girls is a smarter, younger Sex In The City laced with Apatow style.  I rank it slightly below Orange is the New Black for chick flick series

The Shocker

I gave up on it when Marnie decided she was a singer. Everybody is insufferable.

Fuck you!

deleted account

yeah, that was a little painful, but that was also kinda the point.  and in the end, she wins her now-rich ex-boyfriend back!  what more could you want?