EVIL DEAD

Started by Marcos Reino, May 13, 2013, 02:39:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ez

7/10 would watch again.

but yeah, they could have done a better ending. awesome gore though and great easter egg after the credits.

of course, it doesn't hold a candle to both the originals.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Marcos Reino

easter egg, really? fuck, must search

The Bandit

DVD comes out soonish, saw an ad on TV.  I'm hoping it is unrated.

ez

Quote from: The Bandit on July 15, 2013, 09:16:04 AM
DVD comes out soonish, saw an ad on TV.  I'm hoping it is unrated.

There seems to be differing opinions as to whether or not an unrated version will be released. What's for sure is that the one coming out in July is rated R.

Also, I don't see how an unrated version could be any gorier than the one that I saw.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

The Bandit

It can always be gorier.

ez

Yeah, I agree with that. I guess what I was trying to say is that I don't see how more gore could justify it being unrated. The only thing that could, imo, is a more graphic version of the tree rape.

The Bandit

Probably lengthening closeups and stuff like that.  Seconds here and there.

Demon Lung

I would have liked to seen the one chic get fucked in the ass.

The Shocker

Well that's about every hot chick in every movie.

The Bandit

JkFlesh

Quote from: frobbert on July 02, 2013, 09:23:23 AM
Quote from: lowdaddy on July 02, 2013, 12:25:32 AM
just watched kill list on netflix.  sooooooo what the fuck was that.  i'm lost.
I think it's great that there are still directors with a vison all their own. Ben Wheatley is one of the more interesting contemporary filmmakers right now. Like I said Sightseers was also great and his new upcoming movie looks promising too:

I had mixed feelings about Kill List right after seeing it, but it really stuck with me and I've since come around to it.  There are some really shocking, genuinely strange and scary moments in it, and I love how abruptly and ambiguously it ends.  I will check out Sightseers.

retardgroove

I really liked Kill List, but Sightseers was a drag of a watch for me. I never even finished it.

lftwng4

Rented this not expecting much, and I was sadly let down.  I guess it had a few moments of suspense/horror, but it was sadly lacking the spirit or character of the original one.  I didn't care much for Army of Darkness either, if that's a point of reference.  But the first two are classics, IMO.
I thought the gore and blood was boring, and it seemed like they were trying too hard to reference the first two movies.  If I'd never seen either of the first two, I might like it a bit better, but it's impossible to view this without comparing it to the others. 
I'm sure they only left the main character alive for a sequel.
Largely forgettable.

Bro. Righteous

Oh yeah, not even close to the righteous stupidity/gory/funny/scary self depricating mess of
the original, once again, Hollywood re-make uber-fail...fucking blew shit on all levels.

I ain't drunk - I'm just drinkin...