breakfast

Started by Demon Lung, February 03, 2012, 11:27:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadJohnShaft

I had to eat a Jimmie Johns the other day - yicks....
Some days chickens, some days feathers

I,Galactus

Quote from: MadJohnShaft on December 06, 2012, 01:57:50 PM

Had to?  Like forced at gunpoint?  For breakfast?  Does JJ's even do breakfast?

"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

RAGER

I never hear of this place so I had to Google it.  Seems like there's some aroond here.  Just another crap "gourmet" chain of shittiness I guess.
No Focus Pocus

Chovie D

JImmie Johns is another one of those facist republican shitfood makers, nothing gourmet about it

RAGER

Doing a bit of a de-tox diet for a week or so :-\  Actually enjoying it cuz it's a challenge to make kill food out of my element.  Super yummy shake for breakfast this morning.

1 banana
1/4 pomegranate.  Seeds and all
5 large strawberries
dash of grapefruit juice
2 cups coconut milk.

Blend. Enjoy

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

had to go off the de-tox today as it's my girl's birthday.  This is what I made for us this morning.
No Focus Pocus

strangelight

i am going to figure out how to inhabit your gf's body for mealtimes so i can eat what you make. i'll leave when it's time for sexytimes. no thx & ur welcome.

that pomegranate smoothie looks goddamn delicious. what kinda detox program you doing? how many days? if i can find kale in guatemala (no luck in honduras), i'm gonna do a kale juice detox again. hope it works out.

khoomeizhi

there's gotta some warm-weather greens you could sub in for kale. cool-weather crop and all.
let's dispense the unpleasantries

strangelight

yeah, i just gotta do some researching. any recommendations?

khoomeizhi

not right off the bat...it'd have to be something you add raw, right? you could probably find chaya down there, but it's full of cyanide until well cooked...are there any greens at markets or in grocery stores there? callalloo/amaranth greens, katuk, maybe something like chard?

strangelight

i saw spinach once. and i've seen a yellow sort of lettuce. but that's it for greens at the market. lotsa veggies, but not the leafy green types. but i'm headed to a new town, maybe i'll have better luck. thx.

Chovie D

mortlock

breakfast as a 'must have' first meal of the day is bullshit..dont believe the myths..skip breakfast. youll feel better. seriously.

khoomeizhi

when i can, i do prefer to go 2 or 3 hours before i eat after i get up. much beyond that, no thanks.

RAGER

Quote from: mortlock on January 06, 2013, 02:41:53 AM
breakfast as a 'must have' first meal of the day is bullshit..dont believe the myths..skip breakfast. youll feel better. seriously.

Gotta disagree.  But i will say that eating just fruit in the morning is a good thing.  Then eat a fairly decent sized lunch and a small dinner and not at 8 oclock either.
No Focus Pocus

Jor el

I'm enjoying some Crispy Hexagons.

What Would Scooby Do ?

RAGER

made shakshouka this morning.  eating it right now.

No Focus Pocus

Soundgardenia

holy crap! that looks delicious!
I could play Stairway to Heaven when I was twelve... Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two... I think that says quite a lot..

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

And sometimes I just simply want toast.

No Focus Pocus

mutantcolors

4 eggs
cheddar, sour cream, olive oil
~1/2lb skirt steak
fresh made guac
big ass glass of whole milk

(did not suck)

justinhedrick

Quote from: MadJohnShaft on December 06, 2012, 01:57:50 PM

Jimmy John lives in Champaign. he is not well respected here.

mertzy

Birthday breakfast

Crab Cake Eggs Benedict

JemDooM

Rager you eat like a king!! roast squash for breakfast thats just beautiful. Mertzy you got some pretty sexy breakfasts going on there too...

breakfast is my favourite meal of the day, how can it not be after 10 hours of not eating!

The farm where my veg box eggs come from has double yolk lay'ers  :D

We made these recently...

I usually have fried eggs and olive spread seeded toast or porridge with walnuts raisins honey & cinammon, but I think I'm gonna take inspiration from Rager soon...

My new blender came this morning for smoothies but I know from past experience that a smoothie isnt enough for breakfast, I need solid carbs and protein in the morning!
DooM!

crissgill

Breakfast is the first and most important meal of the day,it should be more accurate,healthy and pure.Because proper breakfast provides us full of energy and power to spend whole day more actively and effectively.