The Newsroom

Started by MichaelZodiac, June 28, 2012, 09:37:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelZodiac

Anyone saw the pilot? I was on board 50% of the time, the other 50% it was still entertaining though. I do get what the reviews are saying, I'm just hoping it becomes better.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

juggernaut

Quote from: MichaelZodiac on June 28, 2012, 09:37:59 AM
Anyone saw the pilot? I was on board 50% of the time, the other 50% it was still entertaining though. I do get what the reviews are saying, I'm just hoping it becomes better.

Agreed.  This will be the first Sorkin tv show that I watch (seen Social Network a bunch of times).  It was fairly entertaining but I have to say the dialogue was a little too snappy and thought out.  Didn't seem natural and ended up being a little off putting.  I guess I could say the same thing about the characters as well.  It "felt" like a tv show.   

Where as something like the wire felt a lot more real to me. 

deleted account

I loved Sports Night.  especially Terri Polo with that hairdo

retardgroove

dug it, but I was drunk.

juggernaut

I don't think I'll be watching any more of this show.  I decided I fucking can't stand the main character Mackenzie.  I wanted to shoot her in the face watching last nights episode.  Between the email stupidity and her way of speaking and stopping in mid sentence with a stupid look on her face, I had enough.  Which is fine, one less show to have to watch.

sleestak

I thought that even with some shortcomings the first episode showed promise and I was looking to give it a chance.  After last nights train wreck I don't think I'll be giving it another chance.  Awful terrible tripe.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

juggernaut

Quote from: sleestak on July 02, 2012, 11:26:42 AM
I thought that even with some shortcomings the first episode showed promise and I was looking to give it a chance.  After last nights train wreck I don't think I'll be giving it another chance.  Awful terrible tripe.

Agreed.  All the women characters are ridiculously annoying.  I don't think Sorkin likes women very much.

chlorpromazine

Last night's ep did seem too smart and snappy for its own good. I'm willing to give it a couple more episodes before I give up on it. I want to see the characters develop a little further, but I'm not sticking around if the soap opera shit takes over.

boltthrow

At least Olivia Munn is topless in Magic Mike.  Nice tits too.

The Shocker

Quote from: boltthrow on July 08, 2012, 08:32:17 PM
At least Olivia Munn is topless in Magic Mike.  Nice tits too.

Yeah

giantchris

So far I felt its ok.  I totally agree about the women characters though they are all really annoying.

The highlight of the show is the actual "on-air" segments the rest of it is kinda meh. I'm gonna give it 2 or 3 more episodes and see if it improves.

MichaelZodiac

I'm still watching it, the show doesn't annoy me but it also doesn't excite me. Olivia Munn with the hipster glasses is really hot though.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

chlorpromazine

She's reason enough to watch the show.
I just watched Sunday night's episode, and it was one of the better eps so far.

irratebass

Anyone watch last night?
Living a Burt Reynolds lifestyle on Mac Davis budget

MadJohnShaft

The rape themed episode? The AV club reviewers despise this show.

It has its moments but I'm not sure I like any of the characters. And why are they all dating?
Some days chickens, some days feathers

irratebass

Quote from: MadJohnShaft on December 09, 2014, 07:21:10 AM
The rape themed episode? The AV club reviewers despise this show.

It has its moments but I'm not sure I like any of the characters. And why are they all dating?

Yeah, that's one.........Well ya have to date on today's shows to keep the viewers right? Got's to have that drama.
I just wanted to see if anyone else caught was was going on with Will in his cell?
Living a Burt Reynolds lifestyle on Mac Davis budget