Vinyl starts on 14th

Started by stooge, February 12, 2016, 04:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stooge

makes me curious
i didn´t forget - i just couldn´t remember...

jmucke

sleestak

Was entertaining I am looking forward to more,
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

irratebass

Really enjoyed it....I thought Dice ruled!!!!

A bit over the top, but I dug it, and I'm ready for more.....hopefully more of Juno's tittays as well  :P
Living a Burt Reynolds lifestyle on Mac Davis budget

Jor el

Agreed.
   Dice was awesome.
   A bit over the top - hopefully slows up a bit.

What Would Scooby Do ?

MadJohnShaft

I liked it a lot more on the second viewing. They have to dance around the Walk Hard moments 'you're Robert Plant from the Led Zeppelin. Hello Robert Plant from the Led Zeppelins'.

Wait till they figure out no one wants to buy punk rock

Julia and I saw Bobby Cannivale on Broadway (with Chris Rock) in 'The Motherfucker with The Hat' he stole the show, and won a Tony for it.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

irratebass

Quote from: MadJohnShaft on February 16, 2016, 07:12:41 PM
I liked it a lot more on the second viewing. They have to dance around the Walk Hard moments 'you're Robert Plant from the Led Zeppelin. Hello Robert Plant from the Led Zeppelins'.

Wait till they figure out no one wants to buy punk rock

Julia and I saw Bobby Cannivale on Broadway (with Chris Rock) in 'The Motherfucker with The Hat' he stole the show, and won a Tony for it.

I like Bobby, I thought he was really good in Blue Jasmine......Dice was in that too and was also good.

EaterofBirds

Doesn't work or flow..maybe will have to watch again. Choppy and having a hard time with the period piece meets fiction...wish it was more a dramatization that was based more on factual events, rather than skewing the timeline for sake of "entertainment"

It's just not that good

MadJohnShaft

Agreed, I thought that the first time but when I watched it again with lower expectations it was better.

Plus, Olivia Wilde.

jmucke

Quote from: EaterofBirds on February 17, 2016, 04:07:46 PM
Doesn't work or flow..maybe will have to watch again. Choppy and having a hard time with the period piece meets fiction...wish it was more a dramatization that was based more on factual events, rather than skewing the timeline for sake of "entertainment"

It's just not that good

I'm the complete opposite, the like the fiction interweaved with facts a lot. But a real storyline has to develop, so far its been mostly character-introductions.

irratebass

Quote from: jmucke on February 18, 2016, 11:28:03 AM
Quote from: EaterofBirds on February 17, 2016, 04:07:46 PM

It's just not that good

I'm the complete opposite, the like the fiction interweaved with facts a lot. But a real storyline has to develop, so far its been mostly character-introductions.

It was only the pilot......it's Terrence Winter & Scorsese....I have hope

stooge

of course they crammed all the 70s into 1973 they always do that
they did that on boardwalk empire too and wrote in like every mobster that ever existed in the 1920s US
i can somehow understand that though

Instant Dan

It's not bad. As others mentioned, it gets over the top and excessive.

Then again, Winter always goes all in and can get excessive. I felt that's why Boardwalk Empire collapsed under its own weight. Hopefully Winter learned his lesson.

I still think it should been a mini-series like Scorsese first mentioned what it was going to be.

GodShifter

irratebass

2nd episode was good....not great....still over the top & why the "cameo musical guests?" I can't figure that one out.

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

stooge

as a rock nerd i´ll definitely keep watching this but i also can not really understand why they chose 73
i mean setting it in like 76 would have made a lot more sense they still could have used led zep and bell bottoms and all but the whole thing about discovering punk and upcoming hip hop would have been a bit more accurate and less misplaced

MadJohnShaft

GodShifter

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

black

At Least I Don't Have The Clap.