Visit Our Snack Bar

Started by Jor el, November 13, 2012, 10:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

boltthrow

Diet Coke and popcorn.  That is all that is required. 

When I was a kid in TX,  they used to serve a pickle in a wax paper sleeve (which sounded delicious until about the second bite).  I also used to get the big Nestle Crunch bar.  But no more.

I,Galactus

Milk Duds, popcorn, and Cherry Coke or GTFO.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

The Bandit

Marathon Bar, Sprite and a Charms sucker (not the blow pop) when I was a kid.  

Now it's popcorn and a Diet Coke just like Bolt.

And those choices at the top all suck donkey dick.

Jor el

I don't always enjoy popcorn - but when I do, I dump a box of Raisinets into it.

Goobers.
What Would Scooby Do ?

I,Galactus

Quote from: Jor el on November 14, 2012, 09:43:34 AM

I don't always enjoy popcorn - but when I do, I dump a box of Raisinets into it.

Goobers.

Chocolate chip popcorn is boss.  Hot sauce popcorn is even better.

DOTS are fucking gross, tho.  Wax fruit flavored filling removers.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

GodShifter

Goobers FTW.

I usually just a get a box of popcorn and a slurpee for my daughter. We share the popcorn.

Jor el

Sneak in bottled water and 97¢ Goobers from Targets.
What Would Scooby Do ?

The Shocker

Milk duds and popcorn are choice too.

I,Galactus

Quote from: Jor el on November 14, 2012, 10:59:02 AM

Sneak in bottled water liquor and 97¢ Goobers Haribo Goldbären from Targets.

FTFY

peoplething

the last time I was at a movie theater Tom Cruise was saving the world in a leather hoody and I was introduced to the positive impact of IMAX on the cinematic experience via Paula Patton's tits.  

I ate a six dollar hotdog... it was delicious.

I'll also say that with all the old crappy b-movie channel's I've watched I've seen a ton of the 'visit the snack bar' intermission commercials. some scare the bejesus oot of me.

"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

I,Galactus

RAGER

Up here we haz the theatre pubs so for me it's a slice of snooty pizza a pint of IPA and a small popcorn no butter or salt please and thankx
No Focus Pocus

natehusky

MadJohnShaft

We have a bar on wheels now, right in the lobby by the ticket taker, not over on the other side in the on-premises bar.

It's just right there! Easier than sneaking it in.  How come you can buy the tickets on your phone while riding the escalator up but can't buy two old fashioned doubles at the same time?  They should just hand them to me when I get to the top.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

retardgroove

If you can't sit two hours without booze we have these joints in the link. The screen and sound is high 1991 cutting edge.
http://www.cinema-cafe.com/images/menu_20120921.jpg

lowdaddy

popcorn lots of butter sludge.  reese's pieces.  soda.  not diet.  diet soda is for.....well......meh.....whatever.
jon eats a whole raw potato to take himself out of the mood.

GodShifter

What's the deal with diet soda? You get a 1000 calorie bag of pop corn and a diet soda? Yeah, that's going to work. Soda, in general, tastes like shit and is bad for you, but if you're going to drink it, at least get the real thing.

The Bandit

Quote from: GodShifter on November 16, 2012, 10:29:14 AM
What's the deal with diet soda? You get a 1000 calorie bag of pop corn and a diet soda? Yeah, that's going to work. Soda, in general, tastes like shit and is bad for you, but if you're going to drink it, at least get the real thing.

At some point The Bandit started drinking diet drinks.  Now regular tastes funny.

GodShifter

Why oh why must we endure this 'The Bandit" schtick  ???

Either way, soda is bad for you, but I suppose your reasoning is as good as any.

Jor el

Quote from: GodShifter on November 16, 2012, 10:29:14 AM

What's the deal with diet soda?
Soda, in general, tastes like shit and is bad for you, but if you're going to drink it, at least get the real thing.

Concur
What Would Scooby Do ?

I,Galactus

Quote from: Jor el on November 16, 2012, 12:09:18 PM
Quote from: GodShifter on November 16, 2012, 10:29:14 AMWhat's the deal with diet soda?
Soda, in general, tastes like shit and is bad for you, but if you're going to drink it, at least get the real thing.
Concur
Thirded.  "Big Mac, super size fries, and a diet coke."  ???

I,Galactus

This is my favorite thread now.  MOAR CONCESSIONS PLZ.

We gots one of them thar eat in liquor bar movie thee-aters in OKC.  Haven't been yet.  Seems pricey, but I hear it's nice.

http://www.warrentheatres.com/moorebalcony.asp 

I've been to one of them Alamo Drafthouse janks in ATX too.  The full service aspect of that seemed weird.  Watching a cinematic masterpiece and in barges some waitress server with a plate of tacos or whatevz?  Down in front!