Vikings

Started by MadJohnShaft, April 10, 2013, 07:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadJohnShaft

Isn't there a Vikings thread yet?  I am casually watching this but it seems it deserves more attention - you like?  The main guy is making this worth watching.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

Bro. Righteous

No response? Best motherfucking show on cable TV right now - I am enamoured by it, even
opening credits/tunage is mindblowing...cannot wait for tonite's episode.
Superbly written, live action camera - FUCK CGI!....this show has potential.

I ain't drunk - I'm just drinkin...

MadJohnShaft

It has Vikings and beards and swords and limb hacking - all the stuff you guys only like.

MadJohnShaft

Finally got through all 9 - this got better as it went along and I hope it comes back for Season II

Couple of the characters - Ragnar, the weird guy with the eye makeup, his kid, the wife, the evil brother, the kings... were really well done.  I liked this a lot and recommend it.

Marcos Reino

This is awesome, easily what I look forward to the most on TV alongside Game of Thrones

retardgroove

Marcos Reino

yes, please.

Also:

Baltar

I fucking love this show.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

Bro. Righteous

What no love? Great Season II Opener IMO.

peoplething

we just started the first season. I dig it, but I might be the only one that finishes it. we just watched the episode where the vikings show up in england and kill all the priests. that plus the evil brother raping the slave girl made my wife say 'I don't know if I like this show'.

to which I replied '.....uh...they're vikings - that's what they did'

and apparently the evil brother is a doppelganger of mine.
"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

Bro. Righteous

Great stuff people's....yeah, I find the actors extra righteous in this scenario of Viking madhatters...
...and it is Vikings as it were, interesting to see the dynamic of all involved.
Rgardless, very well done show IMO....

JemDooM

Need to get on this!
DooM!

GodShifter

I really liked the first season, but the jury is out on the next one (so far). I wasn't overly taken with SO2EO1.

MadJohnShaft

Very bloody. Is the historical-fiction accurate on this show or is it all fantasy?

black

Just binge watched™ all but two episodes of Season One last night. Highly enjoyable (although my ears are kind of shot from two straight nights of gigs and I would have a bit of trouble with some of the accents). I like how all the clothes and surroundings are that Crust Punk Grey, yet most of the Vikings are really attractive. Even when covered in grime and blood. They are also very free and swinging when it comes to boning. Also dig the empowering competency and warrior abilities of so many of the female characters. Stoked to wrap the season up tonight. Good cast and good story lines.

Is it me or does the main protagonist Viking (Ragnar?) look a lot like Jax on that Sons of Anarchy biker/viking show.
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

retardgroove

So I guess we get the edited versions?

Jor el

Is this like a Kmart version of Game o' Thrones ?
What Would Scooby Do ?

retardgroove

I think I might like it better than Game of Thrones.

Jor el

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat ?!
What Would Scooby Do ?

retardgroove

I like Game of Thrones, but this is alot darker and not as cartoonish.

black

What he said.

also;

Those pictures?
Daayyyuuummm!!!
More (naked) Viking Warrior Women!
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

GodShifter

"Vikings" is very good. Sometimes the plot devices are a bit hackneyed and the story logic isn't 100%, but, overall, I think it's my favorite show on TV.

peoplething

I dig it. We've been working on the 1st season, time permitting, and both enjoy it.

Plus hot viking sex (the threesome offerings still weird me oot a bit).

...and yeah, my whole hate'n on martin thing.

"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

Bro. Righteous

The 'eagle sacrifice' on the last show was epic, and really wow the chicks DO get naked.
Fucking cable.
Great fucking show! My fave right now.

GodShifter

The only thing I can recommend is to buy the DVDs for the series afterward. There is a lot of good stuff that gets cut for American television (naked chicks, more graphic violence, etc.) For instance, us American audiences didn't get to see about 6 minutes of 'Blood Eagle' scene due to American (squeamish) censorship. Kind of a bummer Vikings landed on The History Channel instead of Showtime or Starz or some other cable channel.