Vikings

Started by MadJohnShaft, April 10, 2013, 07:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ez

wait, there are uncensored versions with nudity and more violence? god dammit. looks like I'm going to have to watch season 1 again.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

GodShifter

Quote from: ez on April 12, 2014, 08:15:48 PM
wait, there are uncensored versions with nudity and more violence? god dammit. looks like I'm going to have to watch season 1 again.

Yep.

Bro. Righteous

I ain't drunk - I'm just drinkin...

Jor el

You People are Fucked in the Headâ„¢
What Would Scooby Do ?

justJon

Floki is badass. That is all.
A wooly man without a face, or a beast without a name.

black

At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

peoplething

Just started season 2.

Yes, this show puts 'GoT' to shame.

To Shame I say.
"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

Jor el

Did I mention You People were Fucked in the Head ?

I attempted to watch The Vikings....couldn't get through ten minutes. I cannot stand the NYPD Blues shooting style. Everyone is running around with Hot Topic Faith No More haircuts. The music is horrendous.
Comparing it to GOT is redonkulous. 

Game of Thrones is phenomenal.
What Would Scooby Do ?

Andrew Blakk

I kind of like the show!  :) Being a scandinavian it's hard to not.

The vikings are the coolest lol! And the eagle episode is so great and the soundtrack!

http://open.spotify.com/user/andrewblakk/playlist/5782v9QlxU3MagenIeotf4

sleestak

I quit when they introduced that stupid boat maker that lived in the woods.  Fucking stupid.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

Bro. Righteous

neighbor664

Great show. Horrible opening music.

retardgroove

It's pulled me back in, catching up on the season now.

black

I dig the whole deal and the song doesn't bug me that much.
Gives me time to get my head together and my snacking on.

Bro. Righteous

When the series started I actually looked-up that fucking song, I kinda dug it, but then heard aboot the
dude's name, Fever Ray....like really.....anycase this show is rocking my ass and making me hang on to
my cable bills - ha!

yiyiyi

Sounds like folks are liking the new season? I watched the first, but my interest had waned by the end of the season - seemed to get more soap-opera and less historical. Anyone care to share thoughts on whether the new season is making an effort to be accurate on viking customs, etc.?

MadJohnShaft

Yeah, after they beat the Brit army they throw a trip out mushroom party.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

Chest Rockwell

the new season is an instant borefest. farming is the main vehicle for the plot? more of the same really.
I play bass in THORUN

Facebook  www.facebook.com/Thorunband
Music       www.thorun.bandcamp.com
Youtube   www.youtube.com/user/Thorunband

Pissy

Steam punk.

fwiw, I like and watch this show and will look for the uncensored versions.
Vinyls.   deal.

GodShifter

As I stated above, sometime earlier, the uncensored versions are, indeed, what you want to look for: more violence and some nudity. Not much, mind you, but better than what you'll see on History.

As far as this season, it's been punctuated with two deaths of characters that have been with the show since its beginning (one being a major character, the other a somewhat secondary one, but with decent screen time). Overall, I've been pretty bored with things this season. It seems like the show has kind of hit a rut and is having trouble doing different things with fairly static characters. With three episodes left, I think we'll get some action and, perhaps, another major character death, but I don't see much else getting wrapped up. It was just renewed for a fourth season a few weeks back.

By the way, the opening music is by Fever Ray who is not a "dude", but a woman who was part of the Swedish duo The Knife.

Jor el

Hopefully they'll introduce some new haircuts to spice things up.

What Would Scooby Do ?

black

I knew this show would eventually grow on you.

juan11

I'm confused--  did Bjorn die with two huge crossbow bolts in his back, only to appear later, all rested and fine?  Didn't Rollo take a 100+ foot fall and sink to his drowning death, only to reappear later, all rested and fine?

How many vikings went to Paris in canoes?  I swear, there's more of them getting slayed than stormtroopers.

Didn't Loki burn in a fire, only to reappear...

Lagertha!!!
srl = advancing our core selves in the spirit to be best

juan11

Ok.  This many.

"He was a constant thorn in the side of present-day England and France. Alongside his army, he raided the territories of what was called West Francia with an army of 120 long ships and 5,000 fierce Viking warriors, travelling up and down its wide rivers at incredible speeds and striking wherever it wished. Because his forces were so fast-moving, and their movements so difficult to predict, they were able to attack without ever facing the large armies of heavy Frankish cavalry that could have destroyed them in open combat.

In 845, Ragnar and his army sailed southwards from Denmark across the sea, and then up the Seine and into France. They pillaged Rouen and Carolivenna and, on 28 March, attacked Paris itself. "

juan11

Whole lotta action in the TV forum.