Zardoz

Started by FullCustom, August 23, 2012, 10:07:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullCustom

My wife and I watched Zardoz last night. I had no idea this movie existed until last week.

lftwng4

Saw it at least 30 years ago, use to own the paperback too.  Bought the DVD a few years back in a $5 bin but haven't watched it yet.  Not digging Sean Connery in the leather get-up.  Cool and weird movie though.

blackkrosses

I'm a fan. Very cool flick.
There's a bar in town that has license plates on the wall, one of which is a vanity plate that says "zardoz". Pretty cool.

I,Galactus

My knowledge of this movie begins and ends with that image.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

boltthrow

I have a hardoz for Zardoz.

FullCustom

If you keep your expectations low I recommend watching Zardoz.

boltthrow

Yes in reality it's a hideous movie.

FullCustom

But I love terrible movies. The concept was good but you never let someone write direct and produce their own movie.

The Shocker

Quote from: FullCustom on August 27, 2012, 11:08:35 AM
The concept was good but you never let someone write direct and produce their own movie.

Two words:

Stanley Fucking Kubrick

FullCustom

Quote from: The Shocker on August 27, 2012, 01:43:03 PM
The concept was good but you never let someone write direct and produce their own movie.

Two words:

Stanley Fucking Kubrick
That's three words

I,Galactus

These three words when you're gettin' busy:  (1) whoomp (2) there (3) it (?) is.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

The Shocker

Quote from: FullCustom on August 27, 2012, 03:01:38 PM
Quote from: The Shocker on August 27, 2012, 01:43:03 PM

Two words:

Stanley Fucking Kubrick
That's three words

The fucking is silent.

FullCustom

Not if your mother is listening, it isn't.

diasdegalvan

berrugal

I had to come crashing here, to ask for Zardoz. This is stonerrock for me. Of course, Zardoz was already here.
Regarding the map, we are lost

mutantcolors

I watched this thing a few years ago. The most puzzling part is Connery was already a made man, this was post-Bond for him, so why the fuck?

It was so bad it transcended the concept of watching a bad movie for the enjoyment of it.

Dylan Thomas

For awhile, there was kind of a cult of Zardoz around here.  A favorite of mine, and my friend.  Great movie.
The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

MadJohnShaft

I saw it in the theater - why did my parents bring an 8 year old to Zardoz?
Some days chickens, some days feathers

black

At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

The Bandit

Quote from: MadJohnShaft on March 05, 2013, 10:42:09 AM
I saw it in the theater - why did my parents bring an 8 year old to Zardoz?

Ha, our whole family went to see the Shining when it came out.  My sister took a pillow to cover her face during the scary parts.